Wednesday 30 May 2007

This & That

Aah, one of those days with absolutely nothing to write about. Excellent.
Some kind of awful music is playing on R+, sister is getting ready for the night shift and I am sitting in front of the PC, as usual.
We were watching "Waiting" earlier, my sister and I. It's funny. I was a bit scared that it wouldn't be but it is. Gross, sure, but funny nonetheless.
OK, this is how lame I am: on the train I consciously sat on the right side just to be able to take a look at the part of the city where a certain someone lives. I cannot quite explain it. And I am deeply embarrassed about it. I need help. See, this is my problem: I slip into the obsession way too easily.
An amusing story. Well, mildly amusing. OK, it's not amusing at all but I have no life so I have nothing to write about. So you're gonna need background. 1. I am a member of a Croatian dating site. STOP LAUGHING! I am not there for the dating, I specifically wrote in my profile I'm only there to chat to people online, nothing more. I have no intention to meet anyone desperate enough to try to meet someone through the online dating service. No offense to anyone. 2. You know I worked in a diving centre last summer. There I met two guys from Karlovac ( a city in Croatia). One of them was really nice, fun guy, a diving instructor. The other was so annoying and oh so boring that we were literally saving each other when he would start a conversation with someone. It would go something like this: he would start a conversation with, say, Jelena, and then the boss or whoever was around would come up to them and go like: Jelena, you're needed in the office. And then she would bail.
So yesterday on that site I saw that a guy with a nick same as the name of the sunken ship that is one of the diving locations at Krk has checked out my profile. And I see that he's from Karlovac and I'm thinking it could be that nice guy I've met so I send him a message. Of course, it had to be the other guy! Now I'm kinda worried he might, I don't know, track me down or something. He's leechy like that! I think I better change my profile, my name... everything.
I rented "Broken Flowers" to watch tonight. God, my life is so boring.

UPDATE: "Broken Flowers"... blah, IMHO. What kind of an ending is that? Movie-making people, please don't make me think. Gimme all the solutions and don't leave me with any untied ends. That is all. (Unless it's "Kill Bill vol.I", then it's OK because there's a vol.II to follow but mostly because Mr Tarantino can do whatever he wants. *waves at Mr Tarantino*)
Oh and crush... He sings. I didn't just discover this, I just remembered only now. Seriously, I have got to stop thinking about a person I am never going to see again. But damn, I would like to hear him sing... *sigh*

currently reading: Head Over Heels, Susan Andersen (*embarrassed*)

5 spoke back:

Mama Bear said...

I know you said you prefer happy endings over horror movies, but I thought you'd like to know about a movie called "1408" that's coming out in July. It stars John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson and it's based on the short story by Stephen King. The preview is KICK ASS!

Here's the link to official site:
http://www.1408-themovie.com/

Anonymous said...

MB I saw the oreview too, and I love Sam Coolestguyintheworld Jackson, I'm dying for the release date!
And Krissie, I know people who met their soulmate online.
How's his voice? Can he sing?

Krissie said...

OK, John Cusack in a Stephen King movie... THAT I GOTTA SEE!

Mama Bear said...

*holding hand up like a nerdy school kid sitting in the front row*

I met my soul mate online...well, sort of. I met his best friend online and then we were introduced in person. Three kids and nearly nine years later, we're still together...AND we had sex the very first night we met! IT.CAN.BE.DONE!

Krissie said...

It can be done by those who know what to do.
Don't make me go through my issues again...
But good for you, Mama Bear!

P.S. Say HI! to Big Daddy for me! lol