Monday 7 May 2007

Monday Blabber




Monday Bloody Monday!
Well OK, not really. I woke up, washed my hair, went to the Uni. Do I have your full attention already? I didn't think so. Anyway... Remember that partial exam I took, finished it in 15 minutes and left the room? It could have meant only two things: 1) I did it really really well or 2) I messed it up royally. Go on, guess! 97%!!! Can I get a YAAAY?! How about a group hug? I'm pushing it, aren't I? To be quite honest, it was pure English language, idioms, and it would've been really really sad had I not written it well. Oh yeah, just to annoy her again with pointing it out: Maja was the only one with 100%!
We had Language Practice class today and the Professor came up with a game for us. She put some small objects we use in everyday life into bags and we had to feel them and guess what they are. Anyway, first she showed us a staple and asked if we felt it in the bag, how would we know it was a staple. And I said: "Well, it walks like a staple... it talks like a staple..."
I had a partial in Introduction to Sociolinguistics. Do you know that Latin proverb Repetitio est mater studiorum? Well, improvisation better work for me, cuz I ain't repeating all that much!
Sister had a job interview today and she made an excellent impression on the doctor who was interviewing her. Too bad it takes a lot more than a good impression to get a job in Croatia. *coughconnectionscough* I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for her. (What's up with all this sister-love? I'm freaking myself out!)
We have two more exams this week. We've heard of one today. Just saying. Reported speech, modal and phrasal verbs... Piece of cake... NOT. Stupid end of the semester.
I'm reading this book by Toby Young, How to Lose Friends and Alienate People. But the thing is, I'm not supposed to be reading it - I should have WRITTEN it! LMAO Actually, it said on the back cover it's a book of a "male Bridget Jones". Uhm... It's not. I'll tell you who was more of a "male Bridget Jones" to me: try any novel by Mike Gayle.
So are we talking books now? Yaay, if I may add. Wanna know who I also love love love? (Oh yeah, there's no middle with me: love 'em or hate 'em.) I love Tony Parsons. Y'know, Man and Wife, Man and Boy, One For My Baby... Funny thing how I discovered him. Not funny ha-ha. Anyway... I really love the song. Which song? Well "One For My Baby", DUH! So I'm at the library and there's this book on the shelf (I read books from library, y'know I can't afford to BUY books - once again, Thank You so Much, Nic!) and I see the title saying Za moju dragu. Now, the exact translation of that would be For My Darling. The exact translation of the song title would be Jedna za moju malu. Still, that title sounds oddly familiar so I grab the book and check the original title and it's exactly what I expected it to be, One For My Baby. And I take the book, and read it without putting it down and I'm in love with Tony Parsons. I don't know if you do that, but when I read a book I like a lot, I try to find everything else I can that the author wrote. So I found Man and Boy and if you haven't read it, please, read it. It's really really really good. I cried. Read it.
And just to say Thank You, Darth and Jenny, for thinking I'm worth linking.

currently reading: Toby Young, How to Lose Friends and Alienate People

7 spoke back:

nicbeast said...

Keep thanking me and I will buy you another!

darth sardonic said...

no problem, you linked me first.

Krissie said...

Note to self: Must stop thanking Nic.

jenny said...

I like you, I like you! (back away alowly from the nice lady, now...)
Really! I like you!

Krissie said...

Why, thank you, Jenny!
Would I be out of line if I told you I like you too?

Anonymous said...

da, zbilja, je li to stvarno bilo potrebno?!
100%

Krissie said...

Hahahahaha, pa znaš da neću nikad prestat'!