Sunday 13 May 2007

Meet People? Not Meet People? 2

The other day I was chatting to a guy from R+ Forum on msn and he keeps asking me to come to Old Bridge Pub with them (that's another guy, not the Model Boy) and I'm trying to be vague like Maybe. and We'll see. and so on until I piss him off with it and he says he's done talking me into it and I'm like Pfewww. It's not that I think I'm better than them (as he suggested), it's just that I'm antisocial (no shit!) and meeting a bunch of unknown people I only met online seems frightening. And I know that about two weeks ago I said something like I would come this week but honestly, I didn't think they would take it so seriously. Anyhow... I just got an e-mail from another guy from that forum asking me to get in touch with him because the other ones apparently made him the ambassador or something of persuading me into going out with them. Oh yeah, that guy is from my village although I have no idea who he is. Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna go. First of all, I'm broke, and second, I'm boring. I'm not into the whole going out thing. I don't know why they are trying so hard to get me there. It's like they're on a mission or something. It's really weird and somewhat unsettling. Then again, maybe they're just very curious about what am I trying to hide so hard. Maybe I weigh 250 pounds or have hair all over my face or 6 fingers on each hand. And foot.
I am going to do stupid Sociolinguistics presentation now. It's so boring. The subject I chose seemed interesting, Words and Culture, but it's not. I'll probably post it once it's finished so you'll see for yourself. I so don't feel like doing it.
It's gonna be rally hot tomorrow, up to 30°C (86°F apparently. And is that even how it's written?) and I already figured what I am going to wear. My God, I'm such a girl. Somebody shoot me. But it's really to hot for this time of the year. I don't mind though. Gimme heat and sunshine any day.

OK, so I just talked to Sonja and I asked to come to Old Bridge Pub on Wednesday so I wouldn't go alone and she said she would unless her schedule at Med School changes. Well, now I'm a bit excited about going. If we in fact go.

12 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

dziz kristina, daj upoznaj te ljude vise... bar ce te prestat davit. a i mozda pronadjes sebe u pjevanju karaoki.(hm, jel se to tak kaze? ili pjevanju pjesama na... ma...)

Krissie said...

Džiz, jel' to Maja ili Anja? The plot thickens...

Anonymous said...

Maybe they want to know if you're a serial killer and want kill them! That's what those people online are looking for, I TELL YA!
Do I watch too many horror flicks?

Anonymous said...

ne prepoznajes moj jedinstveni stil pisanja?? ok, potpisujem se ubuduce... 100%

Krissie said...

Anja ima isti stil, bojim se.

And step away from the horrors, Doc. Seriously. Serial killer... *shakes head*

jenny said...

It could be that THEY are serial killers and that's why they want you to come... You fit their profile of single anti-social girl?? Hmmm... Better stick a butcher knife in your purse just in case. And if anyone asks, just say you like your "sausage" chopped!

Have fun!

jenny said...

^^^^^
I forgot to add to the above comment---

You could also scare 'em off by saying you're a car lover with hordes of cats at home just waiting for you bring home a man to snuggle up with-- purrr!

signed,
the WEIRD CAT LADY!

jenny said...

"car lover"???? I MEANT "CAT"!!!

Always check your seplling!

Krissie said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL, Jenny!!!
I could scare them but they outnumber me! Can I borrow your cats to accompany me?

Elizabeth said...

86 degrees? That's it? Haha. It reached 101 today. I think I lost a few pounds just waiting for my car to cool down.

Anonymous said...

Go out already and meet some people! (Says the woman with friends she can count on one hand).
They want to meet you because on the internet you are funny, smart, observant, just a tad bit mean in your wonderful sense of sarcastic humor, and down to earth.

So move that ass over there. You've already made your first impression, and studies show that people rarely adapt their first impressions of someone, even if they turn out completely different. Wait, ... that's not really motivational, is it?

Bel

Krissie said...

I'm going, I'm going...
Jeez, you guys are just as persistent as them.