Friday 4 May 2007

Bridget Jones's Diary


I watched it again. What can I do? I love that movie. 3 favourite moments:
1)
Mark Darcy taking his jacket off and taking things into his hands in the kitchen.
2) Mark Darcy and Daniel Cleaver singing "Happy Birthday" in the middle of their fight.

and my favourite favourite:

3)
Mark Darcy: I don't think you're an idiot at all. I mean, there are elements of the ridiculous about you. Your mother's pretty interesting. And you really are an appallingly bad public speaker. And, um, you tend to let whatever's in your head come out of your mouth without much consideration of the consequences... But the thing is, um, what I'm trying to say, very inarticulately, is that, um, in fact, perhaps despite appearances, I like you, very much. Just as you are.

Yes, I'm just an old sap and Bridget has been my hero since I was 17.

3 spoke back:

darth sardonic said...

so if i added you to my pals list, you wouldn't be really upset?

Mama Bear said...

Ahh, yes, Bridget...I love her too. I love most British comedies period, and certainly anything with Colin Firth. Tell me you've seen him in the BBC's production of Pride and Prejudice!

Krissie said...

*hangs head in shame* I'm afraid I haven't and I sooo want to! Cuz Bridget in the book can't stop talking about it!
And yeah, I'm a total Colin-whore. Fever Pitch, Love Actually, Bridgets... *sigh*