Tuesday 31 July 2007

Tuesday Nothings


I went to see Harry Potter again last night. Sister and bf were going so I kinda tagged along. So my sister says she's paying for the tickets and I get in the line... well, there was only one person in front of me, so I suppose I get in the pair and this woman gets into some kind of a mix-up with a ticket she won but it wasn't for yesterday but for today and she leaves and somehow I end up with a free ticket. So yaay. Well, my sister ends up paying for two instead of three tickets. This kinda things never happen to me so I was really excited about it. And the crowd was much smaller so the entire experience of watching the movie was much more enjoyable than the first time. Also, this time my company didn't abandon me in the theatre like the last time so I had my sister to comment with. (I'm not an annoying commenter - I only do it a few times and always as quiet as possible). So at the beginning of the movie when harry is fighting of dementors I say: "Didn't he grow up?" and my sister, God bless her, says: "Mhm. He's fine..." Good., So it's not just me then. And this time I was prepared for the sweating scenes and I have to say, they were even better! Uwwwkay, enough with the sick.
Soo... Pizza party on Saturday. Dunno. There should be more people than at the BBQ party and you know me - crowd-a-phobic. Like this Saturday when there were also this unknown people and I basically kept my mouth shut the whole time. And then this girl asks me why I have singled myself out. Uhm... cuz I don't know half of these people... So this Saturday some of this people should come too and it's just... I don't know... overwhelming. I mean, Trap was with his bf and sister and almost didn't say a word to me. This other girl had three friends with her that I have never seen in my life and I just can't deal with unknown people. And it's not like I have some new clothes to wear. Anyway, Saturday is days away.

10 spoke back:

Unknown said...

Pizza party saturday? Must have missed my invitation in the mail...

Krissie said...

Honey, it's not my party. If you want the invitation, you have to make friends with two bald guys.

Unknown said...

Not interested in making anything with the gentlemen in question. Especially, since I'm no longer a baldy myself

Anonymous said...

you know there's this foreign new method that works miracles on unknown people that's called "introduction" where people introduce themselves to other people and BAM! BOOM! *gasp* they are not unknown people anymore... they actually have names and lives!
AMAZING!
I think Tom Cruise invinted that or something...

Have fun cause you're a girl and you don't want to disappoint Cindy Lauper!

Krissie said...

Well, actually, to like three of them I was not even introduced to. People are rude. I don't like people.

Anonymous said...

Well, not to bum you out, but that introducing thing Doc spoke about? Doesn't work. Anyways, you should still go and force yourself to at least say something to the people you do know. Who knows, maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised like I was with admired researcher?
But I feel your pain! It's like hard work, only... harder.

Mama Bear said...

What I usually do at parties full of people I don't know is to lay out my Twister mat and invite guests in for a game or two. There's no better way to get to know a people than to have their asses in your face. Hey, animals do it, right?

Anonymous said...

HHAHAHAHAHA@Mama Bear

Krissie & Bel, I said to try it, I never said it worked.

D-HOR said...

I wish we lived closer to each other, (like ya know on the same continent or something :) because we could totally be back up pals and go to parties together. Swear to God I'm "That Girl" even at family functions. FAMILY!!!

AJ said...

Nothing like a friendly game of "Spin the Bottle" to get you acquainted with your fellow unknown party-goers. Give it a go! It's fun! You never know, you may make a friend for LIFE!!!