Wednesday 25 July 2007

Wednesday Blabber

My aunt's surgery went well, my mom has spoken to her and now we can hope it all stays well.
My hair is wet and I don't feel like blow-drying it. I will, of course, hate myself in the morning because of that, but my notorious laziness usually prevails in cases such as this. You see, my hair has a very strong personality. It is very strong minded. I swear, it's alive and independent! And most of the times no matter what I do, I go to bed with somewhat normal, human hair, and wake up with a nest or a bush or an abstract wire statue on my head. One would think that cutting straight hair short would make it easier to control it but... one would be wrong.
I also butchered my chin. A zit on it, to be more precise. And it's not like I only made it bigger and redder. No... I actually managed to create a bruise out of it. It's purple now. Expecting it to be green by morning. Something to look forward to with the new sunrise. That and hours in the library. Ya-fucking-ay.
At least it's not 40°C anymore. It was around 30°C today for a (nice) change. So... uhm... let's be happy about that.
I had a fucking nightmare again. Featuring my stalker ex. The one I dreamt about not so long ago, the dream involving him and a donkey... Did I even blog about it? Never mind. So I dreamt of him again. Like, we were back together and he was at my place and all I could think about was how on Earth am I gonna break up with him again and why did I get myself into that one more time when I am clearly not in love with him nor do I wanna be with him. See, I have some common sense while dreaming too. If only I could get some good dreams though... Is a nice wet dream so much to ask for?! Yeah, I guess it is. It's stalker ex's and donkeys for me...
I finally saw "Little Miss Sunshine". I liked it all right but... I was so looking forward to watching a teenager who doesn't say a word through the whole movie and then I felt I was cheated on when the boy spoke like in the middle of it! And Dwayne... Isn't that like the ugliest, most white trash name ever? lol And another thing: stupid me obviously confused Alan with Adam Arkin and kept wondering how that guy could grow old so much... Now I realise those are two different guys. A mystery solved.

11 spoke back:

Mama Bear said...

"And Dwayne... Isn't that like the ugliest, most white trash name ever?"

No, that dubious distinction would have to go to "Bud" IMO - remember, I live in the land of "white trash," so I would know.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your aunt's surgery went well. And from a Dutch speaker's point of view, I'd have to say Dwayne sounds more... dumb, whereas Bud sounds more... ignorant ;)

Krissie said...

Hmmm, Bel, I think I agree.

D-HOR said...

Glad your Aunt is ok!



Aww I really enjoyed that movie.
What is Bud is short for Buddy right? That would be wierd to name a kid Buddy. It be like naming the friend. Or Pal.

AAANNNNDDD NOW I have the "My Buddy" jingle stuck in my head. Did you guys have those dolls? "My Buddy" and "Kid Sister?" I wanted one SOOOOO bad. OMG.

Krissie said...

No, we didn't have those dolls. And I don't know the jingle either... Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions on your aunt's surgery!

I love Little Miss Sunshine, from beginning to end, everything, everyone, all of it!

LOL@ Arkin confusion!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention the HAIR!!!
I think your hair and mine are from the same species... except for the straight part, mine is curly but in the bad way, not the beautiful well-defined curls, no! Mine's the puffing kind like gravity has no power over it and humidity is its god!
My hair is not only alive and independent but it is wild and untamable.

jenny said...

"My Buddy, my buddy, my buddy, my buddy-yy, Wherever I go, he goes(or something like that).
My buddy, my buddy, my buddy, my buddy-yy...." For kid sister, replace my buddy with kid sister.

thanks a lot Lindy!! Now it's stuck in MY head! And I wanted one too!

Miss Sunshine was ok.. I felt like it was hyped more so I expected more. But I think it's cool they loved her and didnt force her to go the extreme beauty queen route.

Would you all believe I actually KNOW a Buddy? I know a couple of Dwaynes too. AAANND I've got an Uncle LaWayne. Agh! I'm a red-neck aint I?? LOL

Krissie said...

Yeah, Doc, who would've thought there were two Arkins? lol

Jenny, LaWayne? Ahahahahahahahahaha!

D-HOR said...

Jenny- "My bud-dy-and, MEEEEEEEE!!"

Mama Bear said...

My lil bro had a My Buddy doll...I thought it looked like Chucky *shudder*, so I threw it in our attic. Maybe that's what was making all that noise up there. *double shudder*

Glad to hear your Aunt is o.k. Looks like mine is on the mend too. Have a great weekend.