Friday 20 July 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Review (kinda)

Holy motherfucking shit! Have you seen those close ups of Harry's neck and arms in bed??! Veiny! Sweaty! Oh. My. God. The boy is all grown up now, that's for sure. (He is 18, right? I'm not being a disgusting paedophile here, right?)
Anyway, it was definitely the best HP movie so far. Yes, they have butchered the book as they tend to do but they did it quite intelligently so I didn't mind. The story was coherent and it wasn't boring for a second. I loved Luna although she was somewhat more gentle than I'd expected. In the book she has a bit more attitude, I think. But lovely nevertheless. I really didn't like how they made it like Cho had betrayed Dumbledore's Army. That's just wrong. Again, I understand some compromises had to be done. I wonder what will happen with Ginny in the next movie. I mean, she still looks like a child and is supposed to be Harry's gf in the next part. It so won't work unless she grows up quickly because Harry is so grown up... mmmmm... tossing and turning and sweating and moaning... uhm... where was I? Oh yeah, I'm "reviewing" the movie, not my paedophilic fantasies. So... Dumbledore - I'm still missing the late one. This one just lacks emotions or something. Umbridge's costumes were absolutely amazing, just like I have been picturing them. And Imelda Staunton is IMHO a very good choice for the part. I hate Helena Bonham Carter though. Not that I think she's bad for the part, I just hate her in general, lol.
DIGRESSION: Mom just brought papers home and the first thing I see on the covers is "At midnight the answer: Who dies?". I FUCKING KNEW IT! Bastards will ruin Harry Potter for me! There will be spoilers all over the place. I could start crying right now. I hate the stupid world! Why, WHY would everyone want to ruin everything with spoilers? Fucking journalists and stupid people on the Internet!
Back to the movie. Snape was just as scary as in the first movie but maybe he's pushed it a bit too far. It wouldn't kill him to speak a lit-tle faster every now and then. The twins were cuter than usual - growing up suits these British kids, lol. Not Ron though, poor thing. Just unpretty. Too little McGonagall, too little Hagrid. The Ministry of Magic should have been much much brighter, I expected a golden glow. It was dark instead. WTF??! Voldemort... I don't know. He's just not scary. Never has been, IMO. That nose thing is just stupid. I don't know, he's just lame. Hermione is trying too hard, as always (I know I should say Emma Watson, but I won't). The testrals (sp??!) were awesome! Pretty much as I have imagined them! Especially the baby, so cute. Grawp is cuter than I expected too. I liked him. Almost no Malfoy jr. at all. Malfoy sr. instead - not that I mind, he's great, Jason Isaacs is hot (in real life, not with that hair).
I loved the moment when Dumbledore was fighting Voldemort and Harry curled on the floor. I wanted to take him in my arms and comfort him. Harry's soundless breakdown when Sirius died was a great moment too, with Lupin holding him...
A great movie, really. Go see it. Or don't, since I probably ruined it for you now.

10 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

Krissie, we were all witnesses to your, ahum, caving in yesterday. Now you know what's peeking just around the corner, don't you? MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Krissie said...

Shut up. Nothing happened yesterday. You're trippin'.

D-HOR said...

You beotch I haven't been reading the books and I didn't need to know who his GF was going to be. Hor.

I really enjoyed the movie but geez does it seem to anybody else that they didn't really GET anywhere? Seriously the WHOLE movie was one big thing JUST to get the folks to believe that Valdemort came back? That's it??? And the whole thing with his God father really wasn't nice is this beotch EVER going to cut him a break? EVER????

Oooo are they REALLY going to do another movie? They better move quick cuz damn Harry had a 5-O-clock shadow, and I'm pretty sure that they were taping herminies boobs back. Ouch.

Krissie said...

You didn't read the books???!
What the fuck?!
And of course they're doing another movie. Two, in fact! The contracts are signed and all. I think they are already on the 6th movie.
And about Hermione... she's just flat. lol

Mama Bear said...

Spoilers don't affect people with bad memories (i.e. me at 33 yrs. old).

I'm reading the first HP to the cubs now. They love it although the boy is wondering what's the point when he's already seen the movies. Yeah, I'd say that's exactly the point. Damn mind-sucking technology!

AJ said...

If it makes you feel any better, my college roommate and I were crushing on Radcliffe back when the third movie came out a couple of years ago. What was he, like 15? Yeah, we're sick and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near middle schools. Hahaha. Hm.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krissie said...

P, why have you removed your comment????? There was nothing wrong with it. *confused*

AJ, I never had a crush on 15yr old Potter nor Radcliffe so middle schools are quite safe with me. You sicko! lol

Anonymous said...

I knew a guy named Harry once in College we have to do a road trip together coz it was cheaper... I hated him! Then we became friends and fell in love and got married.
Our favorite song is "it had to be you".
I wish you the same with your Harry!

Sally.

Krissie said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!
But your Harry was real and mine is a literary character! lol