Thursday 12 July 2007

The Departed


I finally saw it. First of all, I am not a Scorsese fan. *expecting hate mail now* I'm not a fan because honestly, he's too complicated for me. But I have to say, this one was OK. I know, I know, Doc and maybe a few others would expect praises but I'm not all that into blood. I only saw it because everyone said it was good. Here's my question: when the hell did Leonardo become hot all over again? How did that happen and where was I? WOW! But I have to say this: translating - one of the worst ones ever! "What if this was a legitimate threat?" was translated with "Što da je ovo legitiman tretman?" (What if this was a legitimate treatment?). I mean, COME ON! I don't like Damon. I just don't. Never have, never will. Not even in "Good Will Hunting". Is that it? Yeah, I think I'm done. Wait. I forgot. The music was great. OK, now I'm done. Shit. Wait. That rat at the end, that was such an unnecessary metaphor... Marty, Marty, Marty... *shakes head* I expected more from you...

6 spoke back:

YKM said...

excuse me?! matt damon IS hot.

ever since the bourne identity and supremacy, he's been rocking my imaginary world lol

And Leo was wayy better in this one than The beach.

and Wentworth should totally play a part in a movie like this!

D-HOR said...

When WAS leo hot? And OH MY GAWD Matt IS so hot what planet did you come from?? He's so cute I could just eat im up.

But no, no hate mail about the scorsese thing, I'm on that boat too. Only hate mail about the whole Matt thing. Sorry, still think you're cool though.

You do realize that the mere mention of someone being hot means that I have to go out and rent this tonight right? :) That's cool I've been running a bit low on inspiration anyways.

Mama Bear said...

I felt the same way about Leo when I saw this flick. Gone are the days of "Growing Pains" - YAY!

Sorry, I can't share your distaste for Matt Damon. I fell in love with him in "Good Will Hunting." He's a far cry better than Ben "I-only-know-how-to-play-assholes" Affleck. ;)

AJ said...

Love.Matt.Damon. Everytime a new movie of his comes out, I fall in lurve all over again. *sigh* Wentworth should aim to have the type of career Damon has. He gets "A-list" roles, is married to a regular girl, and manages to have a fairly private life. Good on him.

Oh, and I wanna bang Leo... That is all.

Krissie said...

WOW! It seems to me I should start a Matt Damon blog. I'd have like... THREE readers!
Sorry, I don't get his appeal. Square face all over again. And not only square but something's off with it too!

Anonymous said...

Martin Scorsese too complicated???

... now THAT's what I call a compliment!!!

*GRIN*