Monday 6 August 2007

Movie Blabber

Uhm no, I don't have a life. Uwkay...
I finally saw Step Up and to answer the question WFW asked, yes, that does imply that I was anticipating to see it, that I wanted to see it for a while.

Anyhoo... It's horrible. I like movies with dancing. Really. A lot.
I loved Dirty Dancing obviously,

and liked Chicago,

I liked Save the Last Dance

and even Honey.

Yep, I'm saying it out loud. The best part of She's All That was IMHO the mass dance scene at the prom. But Step Up... OMG, so bad. The story couldn't be thiner and the guy, Channing Tatum, is so not attractive. His neck is wider than his head. It's like Hulk after he transforms, only not green. And those ears... Dumbo much? The dancing was lame too. Anyway, it sucked. And when a movie sucks, at least the lead should be hot. At least I got it on DVD, I didn't pay for the ticket to see it cuz had I done that, there would have been blood. Just saying.

I also saw half of Click.

I had to turn it off. Honestly... Can you say Not funny? It might have something to do with the strong dislike of Adam Sandler and Kate Beckinsale. The dude is just not funny. And then there's David Hasselhoff. The Hoff. Jeez.

Now I still have Memoirs of a Geisha to watch.

It better be good. I can't remember the last time a saw a good movie. Well yeah, Harry Potter, but I understand that might be just because I'm such a fan.
There was The Life of David Gale on TV on Saturday.

Now, that's a good movie. And not just cuz Kate Winslet is in it. (Funny thing. One would think that after Titanic the crush on Leo would stick. Instead, I'm still in love with Kate Winslet.) And now I really wanna see Little Children. Must find it somewhere

10 spoke back:

D-HOR said...

I used to love Adam Sandler but the Click movie DID suck. I've been wondering about the Geisha movie so do tell us what you think when you watch it ok?? Thank you.

Krissie said...

Of course. If you can trust my judgment.

YKM said...

lmao krissie you crack me up with your dry observations.
love all around for the wonderful movie that is dirty dancing...

didn't care about the other musical movies you mentioned, and I never EVER wanna see step up. (tatum: big NO NO)

anyway...don't wanna get your hopes up too much, so I want to warn you: memoires of a geisha is not that good. If you want to see some good Asian movies, rent House of flying daggers or Bin Jip. beautiful movies...

another I just saw and liked was Perfume...nasty beginning, beautifully shot!

enjoy babe x

Krissie said...

Dry observations? I didn't know I had it in me.
Anyway, I just saw Memoirs and I liked it. I cared about the main character and it was an interesting story. I was a bit annoyed with the English though. Why couldn't have they spoken Japanese?
Btw, I saw House of flying Daggers. I think. Or was it Hidden Dragon..? I think it was Daggers. And it was ... good ... but ... complicated. I don't like complicated.

Unknown said...

Hey you
Just saw your post
That's what you get when you watch dance movies. Although , Honey has Jessica Alba and Save the last dance is in Chicago, and "Chicago" is obviously in Chicago, I've become aware that dance movies suck! Big time.
The only dance movie worth watching is "Salsa". an old one, but great.
So how was the therapy? Watching Geisha with Michelle Yeoh is always a thriller "per se".
But, being almost a doctor, I strongly advise Lake House with Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock, Shohreh Aghdashloo and Dylan Walsh. Plus, you might see a familiar face in the movie.
Come see me when you finish with the therapy.
xoxox

Krissie said...

Phineas, I love you but you mustn't tell me dance movies suck again. Ever. Also, I really can't watch a movie with Keanu Reeves on purpose. I just... can't. And there was a familiar face in Memoirs too, that of Paul Adelstein. lol

Unknown said...

Did you just say you loved me?
(Phineas, talking to everybody): "Did she just say she loved me?"
My precioussssss
We likes you too :)

Lakehouse is a great, even with Reeves. Ignore him! I watched The Matrix completely ignoring him.
Hutchins - I know. Paul Adelstein. Paul Kellerman. COuld not miss that appearance.I'm , first and foremost,a Prison Break fan, rememeber?

Krissie said...

I said I loved you, yes.
Now, tell me how on Earth did you manage to watch Matrix ignoring Reeves all the while?
And explain "Hutchins" because I am so not following.

Unknown said...

1) Paul Adelstein played lt Hutchins in Geisha
2) Ignoring Keanu Reeves was like the 2nd easiest thing to do. First, I focused on Carrie Ann Moss in the 1st Matrix. Second and third had Monica Bellucci and ...well, Monica Bellucci, so , after seeing the end of the Revolution and leaving the cinema, I asked "Who's the blind guy in the end?"
Trust me, it was easy
And, Monica, thank you, I still love you baby, but Vincent is one mean guy!

Anonymous said...

I am so not discussing movies with you guys!

... and how on Earth could they confuse Channing Tatum with Wentworth???