Friday 18 January 2008

Fracture

I just saw Fracture. You know how there are films you really wanna see and then you finally get to and you're left with that feeling of disappointment and you think to yourself: Is that it? Ha. OK.
Well, this wasn't one of those, luckily. I really liked it. What can I say, I like me a trial story.
Ryan Gosling... My God. How awesome is he? In The Notebook you gotta love him cuz he's just... a man. A man you can love. And then here... He's just... How can I explain it? Real. Like, not a film character but a real guy, with real gestures and without witty comebacks to everything everyone has to say. There are times when he just goes OK. or Right. cuz there's nothing more he can say, he doesn't always outwit the other guy. And then when he leans his head on his hand or grabs his face with it... You know who else does that? Brad Pitt in Meet Joe Black and especially in Mexican. I like that. OK, I probably make little sense if any but maybe, just maybe you know what I mean. I like it when an actor makes a character seem alive and real. And Ryan Gosling certainly does.
Unlike Anthony Hopkins who just makes them creepy and waxy. Like wax statues. Oh and have you noticed how he never changes his accent? No matter who he plays, what nationality, what race *coughhumanstaincough*, his accent is always the same. That bugs me.
But yeah, Fracture I recommend. If you're into that type of films.

5 spoke back:

Mighty Dyckerson said...

I hear Fracture is not all it's cracked up to be.

Get it? Fracture? Cracked?? I kill myself!!!!!

Krissie said...

It must be good to be you.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha... did you choose Anthony Hopkins on purpose because he directed FRACTURE?

Krissie said...

LOL No, but cuz he's dreadful.

Anonymous said...

Then, back off BRAT! Me likes the Hopskins! Comprende!?!!