Wednesday 9 January 2008

Bless Me, Father, For I Am Screwed Up


Today it was the house blessing day.
If you're not Catholic you probably don't know it. It's when a priest visits the houses and blesses them. I know, you never would've guessed. Anyway, it's actually a very stressful day. OK, maybe stressful is a too harsh word. But the thing is, you don't exactly know when he will show up at your doorstep. He usually does two streets a day and then he might start with yours or not, and if he does, he might start on your end of the street or not, and if he does, he might do it very quickly or not. So you might end up waiting for him from say 9am till 5pm. Yep, it's a job to do. Another thing that upsets me is the fact that I don't go to church. At all. Last Church related thing I did was Confirmation. When I was 14. Yeah. But my Mom insists that we all be at home when the priest comes. I feel very hypocritical standing there, saying Our Father and so on. I mean, I don't do it on my own, but here I am, putting up a show for the man of God, for Christ's sake!
So this priest that comes is a chatty kind. And one with a ridiculously good memory too. He remembers Sonja was at our hose two years ago when he came, for instance, and he asked about her. Anyway, for some reason he asked me if I was in love and my reply was: God forbid! LMAO Yep, those were my exact words. And he was shocked and we ended up having a brief convo about men being polygamous beings and women being monogamous beings and how men lure women with sweet talk and whispered nonsense and I said I ain't falling for that and that's the reason I'm single and all, and he said he understood and that deep people usually have it hard and end up suffering and he said I'd have it hard being alone and childless for life and I said so be it. little does he know I'm probably better at coping with celibacy than him. (Cuz we've heard he has some kids somewhere. Speaking of, I'm so pro marriage for Catholic priests. It's absurd that they don't marry when we all know they usually have women and children.)
Then he asked my Mom when she last confessed and she said Christmas. Good thing he didn't ask me, cuz I'd so tell him it was 12 years ago. Cuz it's not a good thing to lie to a priest. LMAO

6 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!! WOW!
Thanks for the laugh and YAY for priest having sex (with consenting people of course... NO TO PEDOPHILE PRIEST!!)

Krissie said...

Yes, yes, I understand. I doubt he's a pedophile. But he's rumoured to be getting around. LOL

Van said...

lol what an episode you got there Krissie!
I am glad I am not religous....although I was baptized in another church, lol.
But I am not falling for that crap anymore.
Oh I hope I'll still make it to heaven *makes angelic face*
:)

Krissie said...

Good luck with that, Van.

YKM said...

Krissie, WHAT is that picture? lol

I've been staring at it for a couple minutes now and still nothing...lol

Krissie said...

Ahahahhaha, YKM! It's chin, neck and COLLAR of a priest!