Sunday 14 October 2007

Sunday Night Blabber

Here I am, the night before I return to classes. Or at least that's what I think. Because, listen to this, apparently we were supposed to put our names to the group lists for our Language Practice class. Did someone tell me? No. Did someone put my name on it when that someone was putting everyone else's name on it? No. It seems like at this point I am no longer the part of my study group. It took 4 days last week to be forgotten. Thanks a lot. Anja's name is not there either. Don't you just love "friends"? So tomorrow morning I might find myself in a group with people I've never seen before even though the sole reason I decided to listen to some classes from the 2nd year was to not lose touch with the people from my study group. Why, I wonder now. Anyway, back to classes tomorrow it is. I'm thinking I'll be posting more regularly once my routine is back to... well, routine.
I just saw "Grosse Pointe Blank" again. First of all, a great fucking movie. Second of all, John Cusack in it? H.O.T. Unlike "1408". He should lose some weight nowadays. Not that I don't like him anymore. He's still awesome, don't get me wrong, just not hot. 'Tis all I'm saying.
Tomorrow morning it'll be below zero. That's in Celsiuses, not Fahrenheits. I have nothing to wear. No, really. I have a jacket that is what? 3 years old? Or something and I fucking hate it. Cuz I might have liked it the moment I bought it but that liking is long gone. And it feels kinda silly to wear a coat. Not that it is much better, it's like 5 years old, I think. Am I jealous of my sister being able to buy herself clothes any time she feels like it? Sure. Can I ask my parents for expensive items such as jackets and shoes every year? No. So yeah, I often look like someone with no taste whatsoever but a lot of times it's that way just because my clothes is outdated. What can you do, right?
I'm sort of dreading and looking forward to going back to Uni. I'm taking another class by my last year's lit professor. The one with weird accent coming from the time he spent living in Texas, I think. Seriously, a Croatian with that accent... Just... no. Not to mention his tendency to act out what we read about. Oh yeah. Last year we watched him act out the fight of Tarzan and an ape. Trust me, you do not want to see that man acting like an ape. Now that I think about it, I'd like to know what are we going to read this year. Just to prepare myself. I fear it will not be pretty.
Finally, I have to say my thank you's to Darth Sardonic and Blogget Jones for awarding me with a "Blogs That Make me Smile" award. Yes, both of them. I'm incredibly touched and honoured. Especially since it came from the two people who, unlike me, really can write. Not to mention that I've never ever been awarded for my writing before. For my boobs yes, for my writing no. *snicker* So THANK YOU, Darth and BJ, you have both made my day.
Now I should pass that award along so here goes: to Lindy - because her confessions make me laugh out loud and often feel like I'm not that weird after all, to WFW - because hers is the first blog I got hooked on and it keeps making me smile for almost a year now, to Darth - because the first post I ever read on his blog made me laugh out loud and I simply had to e-mail it to my friends, to Sgt - because he makes me smile and to BJ - because she lets me know we're all neurotic in the same way.
So, wish me luck tomorrow, my virtual friends, since I get no help from my "real" ones.

6 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

I've relocated.

alosinggame.blogspot.com
Bel

Krissie said...

Uhm... OK: Thanks for reading. Not.

darth sardonic said...

you'll do fine, silly, and make new friends who will be cooler than your old worthless friends. and i think you write beautifully. of course, i read alot of beatniks, and they kinda write how things go and every day kinda stuff. anyways, and ty for regifting me the award, i appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

I think you should videotape the next tarzan fight...

Anonymous said...

Krissie,

NOW I've read it ;)
That's the way things go I guess. Not so nice, but what can you do? In all I think people get only a few real loyal friends in life. It's distinguishing them from the rest that's hard. You've just been given a chance.
But then again some people are just forgetful, and don't mean it in any negative way. If so, forgive and forget... You might get closer to an answer if you'd just ask one of them why they didn't consider you.
I'm sure you'll do absolutely fine this year. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Krissie said...

Thanks, Darth, for calling me silly - it brought a smile to my face.

Alan, you got it.

Bel, you're right, as usual. Who needs "friends" who look down on you, right?