Tuesday 23 October 2007

Public Buses

Public buses are great. I'll tell you why.
First of all, they cost more than trains. One way ticket for the train from Osijek to Darda is 8,40kn whereas one way ticket for the bus is 17,60kn. That's obviously a sign of quality for we all know that if it costs more, it must be better. Why else would it be more than twice as expensive, right?
Then there are numerous colourful characters you can observe on the bus. Here's one. An elderly woman gets in on a bus stop and asks the driver if he's gonna stop at the first stop in this one village. He says yes. Excellent. She gets in, buys the ticket, and decides to stand next to the driver. The driver kindly asks her to go sit down since the bus is half-empty anyway and there's no reason for her to stand. She refuses. She'd rather stand. She's afraid he would forget about her. Again, he asks her to move back. And she does. She takes a few steps back but stands nevertheless. Only now she's standing right next to where I'm sitting. And it's OK.
I don't mind having old people stand right next to me for a few reasons. Reason number one is that they are clean. Their personal hygiene is remarkable. Therefore, they don't smell like corpses in the second stage of decomposing. There's no need for me to pull my jacket over my nose and breathe into myself. Reason number two is that they are very secure on their feet. They don't lose balance while standing up in the bus. They never fall on me and then get back up holding onto my shoulder with their death grips. They're cool like that.
Fucktards.

12 spoke back:

D-HOR said...

Color me SLOW but did she stink and then fall on you? Or was it just my preception?

Krissie said...

Not just you. You got it.

D-HOR said...

Old people DO have something on us by knowing damn well that it's possible to be forgotten about or in my job have mistakes made, and they ARE affective in their annoying ways I'll give 'em that but damn it. Just damn it old people you ARE annoying.

Anonymous said...

Krissie, admit it, somewhere there is a damn good writer in you. Obviously, you need to be pissed off before she comes out.

Krissie said...

Apparently.
They say poets need pain to write. I need anger.

Sgt said...

Just remember, for the old, end draws near. Smile and revel in the thought.

Krissie said...

Aah, Sgt, how I love thee...

Sassy Blondie said...

Once I rode the Greyhound bus from Salt Lake City, UT to Boise, ID. It's about a 8-9hr trip. There is always that fucker who is so loud that you can't sleep. The guy that got on at the first stop after me sat down next to me and had the crazy eyes. He kept trying to look down my shirt too...damn v-neck! And I didn't get off the bus once. However, when I got on the bus, my socks were white. When I got off the bus, they looked brown. This is not an exaggeration, and even my daddy commented on why I would wear brown socks.

Moral of the story: Buses suck ASS, and there is no excuse for you taking one, Krissie! Take the trains! :)

Krissie said...

And if I had to wait for an hour and a half till the next train in wind and rain? Yeah, I'd say that's an excuse.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

And to think that bitch Rosa Parks wanted to sit down on a bus. What a lazy old cunt.

Krissie said...

And she could've been standing and falling on people. That would've been so much more efficient that walking.

Anonymous said...

Living in the home of the 'newly wed and the nearly dead', I'm glad to see old people on buses.

It's that, or driving down a highway at 20km/h in a beige Mercedes-Benz.

Of course, there's also Mr. Mid Life Crisis in his 2003 Mustang, Mr. Rich Kid in his Hyundai Tiburon, and Mr. Rich Old Fart in his 1967 Camaro dragster. All of the preceding cannot actually be seen by the naked eye; they are moving much too fast.*

*Not counting Mr.Mid Life Crisis. The drag from a combover flapping in the wind limits speed to approximately Mach 1.