Saturday 29 September 2007

A Call From Afar

DOC CALLED! Seriously! She called me from Canada not long ago. She said she'd call and she did.
It was so great to talk to her! It was almost surreal. I mean, I know my friends from the Internet are real but to actually talk to someone... It's something else. I worried about my English (apparently so did she: she said she had feared my accent would be so thick she wouldn't understand a thing but that it wasn't at all *blushing* and if it was a lie, it was one of the nicest ones I've ever heard) because I knew she speaks it perfectly (and she does) but it was so great talking to her.
She says it's not what she expected it to be but I hope it's gonna get better soon. I guess it's gonna take some time for her to adjust. She's moving tomorrow - there was a screw up with her apartment and the job isn't what it was supposed to be. As she put it, they'd sugarcoated it. Well, that happens everywhere. Can't blame it on Canada, I guess. She said she has to buy a computer and I hope she does so soon. The fact that she called means so much to me, I don't think she'll ever know just how much. So once again this poem comes to mind, probably having more sense than ever. Speaking of friends, she said she's missing us all and told me to say HI! to MB, Bel, WFW, Nic, SU... Well, you know who you are.
She asked how I was, isn't she sweet? She moves across the world and asks about me. *tearing up* So yeah, I'm a bit shaken now, I hope she's OK. I know she's a brave girl and I know she can handle it but I hope it's not to tough on her. Canada better not be messing with my Sistah over there!

7 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

This time of year, much of Canada is covered in water/ice/snow/bob/doug.

Except me, because I'm in one of the 2 cities that aren't like Canada at all. Temperature wise, I mean. Probably something to do with all the weed grow-ops in this city... all the smoke creates a miniature 'greenhouse effect'.

Krissie said...

Too bad I don't care about weed at all or I'd be packing my things already.

Anonymous said...

Lovely news! Doc and Krissie sitting in a tree... Just kidding! Great to see our shared obsession has caused such beautiful friendships ;)

Krissie said...

I know, right?
Because it really is friendship.

Anonymous said...

Hey, high people are funny. And when you laugh, they start laughing. Which is, of course, hilarious. Just don't let 2 stoners start laughing at each other; they can get caught in a loop for hours. Or at least until one of them goes to find some Doritos.

Krissie said...

High people are funny to themselves.

Anonymous said...

And bystanders.