Wednesday 12 September 2007

Wednesday Blabber

As some of you might recall, I bought me an mp3 player in December, I think. Then I couldn't figure out how to actually put music into it for a while. Eventually, in February, I did find out how to do that, accidentally and was pleased as Punch about it. However, it's quite a cheap piece of crap and the earphones didn't last all that long. So for the last two months or so, I've been listening to music through one earphone, and not like one of them worked and the other didn't. Oh no. Sometimes the left one would function and sometimes the right one. Sometimes they would switch while playing: left - right- left - right... One would think it had military training or something. Sometimes there would just be cracking or nothing at all. Anyway, I was waiting till I got some money so I could buy new earphones. So a few days ago my sis gave me 100kn and my aunt gave me 100kn and I was like Woohoo! Finally I have enough money for new earphones! figuring they can't cost more than 200kn. The last time I was buying earphones for my walkman, I think they were somewhere around 80kn. So this morning I happily walked into a store and asked if they had any earphones. Luckily for me, they've just gotten a new shipment. How much are they?, I asked. And the guy said: 19,99. I was convinced he read it wrong and he meant 119,99 instead of 19,99. How much?, I asked again and he repeated. They indeed were 19,99! I could have had new working earphones ages ago! Gaaaah! Well, at least I had some extra money so I bought me a new toothbrush. You see, it wasn't the priority cuz when you have earphones on, people usually don't come near enough to talk to you.
I spent the rest of the morning in the library. Lately, I've been taking these pills, Energy&Memory... *waiting for people to stop laughing* Can I continue? Thank you. They are supposed to help one's concentration and staying awake or something. And they seem to be working like a charm: it's very easy for me to stay up till 3am concentrated on the reruns of Without A Trace. But this morning in the library, while reading the most boring crap ever, I almost hit my head on the desk when I kinda dozed off. Apparently, when it comes to studying, they do shit. Best money ever spent.

10 spoke back:

Sgt said...

I hate when I pass on something for a long time only to find out that it was really quite inexpensive.

Welcome back to the world of stereo sound.

Krissie said...

Thanks. Combined with unlimited Internet and access to all the music I ever wanted to own, it's fucking great!

Little Lamb said...

New things take time to learn

Krissie said...

For some longer than for others.
Some being me and others being... well, others.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

What the hell is a kn?

Krissie said...

Well, Dyck, there's this silly little country called Croatia that likes to pretend to have its own silly little currency called kuna. It's worth shit but the bills are quite pretty and colourful and coins have plants and animals on them so it's fun to play with them.

Anonymous said...

LAMO @ earphones
NATO @ Memory&Energy pills
FUCKING LAMO & NATO @ Krissie playing Monopoly with Kuna change.

Priceless!

Krissie said...

Now you're just being silly, Doc. My Monopoly doesn't have kunas. *shakes head at Doc*
It has Croatian dinars! Cuz I have a very old version with our old currency.

Anonymous said...

did the old currency have ROCKS them? Because that would be a shame they changed it!

Krissie said...

No, no rocks. That's why we got rid of it.