Thursday 6 September 2007

It's Raining Movies

It's way too early in the morning, 8:02. Why am I up? You tell me. I'm also freezing my ass off. Three days ago it was summer and yesterday we had the heat on. Not to mention the rain, the endless boring rain.
I saw "The Prestige" last night. I really liked it. Of course, Hugh Jackman stars in it so I might be biased. Just kidding, that's not it. It's really good, the story is interesting and it pulls you in and you want to know why and how. It really is like revealing a trick. Although I can't say I'm sure I got it all. I believe I'll have to see it again some time. Like with "12 Monkeys". The first time I saw I was like WTF??! but by the third time I totally got it. Slow much? I know. Anyway, the funny thing with "The Prestige" is that I actually like Christian Bale and I was never a fan. I think "American Psycho" screwed up with my head. That and "Equilibrium". I just didn't like him (except for the "Empire of the Sun" but he was a kid then). But now... Now I'm a fan. He was great and now I've added "Batman Begins" to my to see list. David Bowie played Nikola Tesla, as you might know. What you might not know is that Tesla was born in Croatia so all I could focus on when Bowie spoke was the accent and how well did he get it. I'm weird like that.
My sister saw "Transamerica" with bf but is not thrilled with it. I haven't seen it yet but I'm not sure if I want to be bothered with a heavy drama. It's enough to be bothered with the grammar of old Slavic language.

Speaking of movies, here's something funny. If you're a Harry Potter slash stand up comedy fan.

6 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

CHRISTIAN BALE! Finally! SIstah, you come to your senses. HA HA HA!

Krissie said...

I knew you were gonna comment on that.

Anonymous said...

and I knew you were gonna comment on my comment. You're such a previsible Brat!

Krissie said...

You had no idea.

Anonymous said...

yep. you see right through me.

Glitterstim said...

Just saw your post and can totally sympathize with the "raining movies" thing. I've been watching LOTS of movies, because New Fella has LOTS of them. But speaking of Christian Bale....we saw him in "3:10 to Yuma" on Saturday. Seemed very different for him, but he was really good. I enjoyed Russell Crowe, too. Both are fun to watch ;o)