Friday 30 November 2007

Beans, Beans, The Magical Fruit...

I had a friend over tonight. I made us tea Lindy sent me. Original India Spice. Strangely, its scent was much stronger than its taste, but it was lovely nonetheless.
And then we tasted some BERTIE BOTT'S EVERY FLAVOR BEANS! OK, Sonja did. She got CHERRY first which she loved. Then I got DIRT. That tasted like dirt. Seriously. I was a kid once, I know what dirt tastes like. it was dirt. Then I shoved it into her mouth and she confirmed it was indeed dirt. Oddly, it wasn't as bad as one would expect. Then it was her turn again. She got what we first thought was vomit but what turned out to be CINNAMON. Obviously, it was just fine. Then I got a pale one. BUTTERED POPCORN, I thought. Suure... It was the most horrible thing ever! I sucked it for a bit, realised it was gross,and gave it to Sonja to taste it. She bit into it and spat it out immediately! EARWAX. We think. Just... eww. Then she really wanted to taste VOMIT. Which turned out to be wonderful, like Bazooka chewing gum. Unless, of course, it was TUTTI-FRUITTI. The colours on the box don't exactly match the beans. So we shared vomit/tutti-fruitti. Then I had TOASTED MARSHMALLOW. Now, we don't have marshmallow here and we were both very curious about it. It was yummy. Creamy and wonderful. We shared that too. Too bad there was only one of those. Then she had PICKLE. She said it was very pickle-y. I told her she could have it all for herself. I was considering tasting SAUSAGE but I didn't after all. I wrapped it up with BLUEBERRY. It was very blue.
Funny, I thought the flavours were just for fun. Till I had dirt in my mouth. It was an interesting experience though.

5 spoke back:

Sgt said...

Two ladies.. swapping saliva.

My Friday night will seem so boring now!

Have a great weekend!

Krissie said...

Thanks, you too!

Van said...

AHAhahahahhaha
I will look for those Beans here in my country.
Sounds like a fun thing to try with my 10 year old sister. LOL!But only if she is the one to try them all, ihihihihi *evil laugh*

Man, I whish I can find them here!

D-HOR said...

You don't have marshmallows there??? What the hell? So you've never had a smore???? OH my god. You've never toasted a marshmallow over a camp fire? This is a crime.

SEE???? And you laughed at me for wondering if you'd ever had recees peices!

That really blows my mind, no marshmallows.

Wait, do you have the snack "Snowballs?" It's a big marshmallow with cake inside all covered up with pink coconut.

Krissie said...

LOL Van! My sis refused to play that game!

Yeah, Hor, it's so sad, no marshmallows, no Snowballs... Third world country indeed.