Monday 5 November 2007

Noticed

Remember this post? I submitted that post as my first journal assignment last week and I got it back today. I had three typos. They were indeed typos, I wrote "to" instead of "too", "few" instead of "a few" when I know the difference between the two very well and never mistake them and "to live" instead of "to live in". All right, the latter might have been a real mistake. But my typos are not what I wanted to share. It's the comment the professor made that has touched me. I glanced at some colleagues' papers and saw a line or two of comments, yet mine was drowning in the red ink. At first I thought something was terribly wrong with it but then I read it. There was an arrow pointing from a sentence (a sentence that said: I, on the other hand, did nothing.) in the text to it and this is what it said:

I'm sure that's not true! I once felt the way you feel now, but luckily I do not any more. From time to time, I do feel depressed, but I turn to work then, and it's OK soon. I wish you would realize how smart and attractive you are, instead of wasting your time and energy on gloomy thoughts.
I can also relate to you because I also had problems finding what I wanted to do in my life (I'm still not sure whether I've made the right choice) but I assure you that you have all the time in the world to decide and realize your potentials!

It almost made me cry, having read something so touching and personal, but it was also wonderful in a way, because it somehow meant that she reacted to my writing, and above all, she knew who I was, I was noticed. I thanked her for her comment as I was leaving the classroom. I hope she knew how much I appreciate it.

17 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

What the professor wrote. Exactly that.

Krissie said...

It takes one to agree with one. lol

Sassy Blondie said...

I think this particular professor could be a mentor to you, Krissie. How lovely!

XOXO

Krissie said...

Unfortunately, we get who we get for our mentors.
But then, my mentor did say my name like 4 times in the first 5 minutes of the last class s I think I'm good with her too. lol Anja even commented on it, something like Does she like you or does she like you?, but I know it's only because I won't keep my mouth shut and have to comment on everything.

Sassy Blondie said...

You can pick a personal mentor, Krissie! Jeez! You youngens...;)

Krissie said...

I can tell you're not too familiar with the Croatian educational system.

D-HOR said...

Oh Krissie I want to hug that woman. And then hug you, and then let you gals hug each other and then we could all get teary and go out for lunch and you guys could be best friends for like EV-VER.

That would be cool.

Krissie said...

Uhm... Uwkey.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

OMG, mentor my ass! Your teacher is obviously a lezbo, honey. She's trying to get in your pants!

Unknown said...

That is so nice. So nice!

And about Croatian educational system - aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahahha *crying through tears*

SavMed

Krissie said...

Dyck, I think you're right. It's that attractive part that bugs me.

Crying through tears, SM? Really? LMAO

Anonymous said...

I, on the other hand, did nothing.

Every time I come here, I see someone confident enough to truly be themselves, to really talk to people she's never met in person.

Because of how open you are, about everything, this blog appears like a window into your personality. Even though most of us have never met you, I think we all have come to know you.

You did something.

Krissie said...

*speechless*
Thank you, Alan. That was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Well, I can't seem to be serious on my own blog (if that even continues to exist), but sometimes if I'm only talking to one person it works fine.

Apparently I'm also like this in real life; there's only one person I can say actually knows me.

So, I hide in comments and old posts, putting my best writing where almost nobody will see it. Sometimes I think I shouldn't have told anyone I know about my own blog, but I think it worked out well while it did.

Krissie said...

I know exactly what you mean.
And honestly, I censor myself too knowing who reads this blog.

Glitterstim said...

What a wonderful comment for that prof to give you! I love it when a teacher actually takes the time to care. Wonderful. And you should believe every word.

Sukhaloka said...

I just skimmed through your post and the article you link to.
Your prof sounds like the kind of person I want to be when I teach. :). Transcience is there, but there are always a few things that can pull you up if you're meant to be pulled up.

I'm a great believer in predestination. If a person was born with a purpose, he/she will fulfil it before death. And that is the answer.