Monday 19 November 2007

Monday Blabber

"Hey, are you nearly done with your classes?" As I am still in class and my sound is off, I don't hear the incoming text and I only see it 20 minutes later. I decide not to reply immediately. It's nice of him but I don't want to make that rides a regular thing. It's a commitment. I don't do commitments. Of any kind. So I wait till I get into the train and then I reply "Oh my sound was off and I just saw the message." Yep, I lied shamelessly. "Where are you now exactly?" Oh my. Inquisitive much'? What's it to you anyway? "On the train." True, the train is standing at the station and is not going to leave for the next twenty minutes but again, not something he has to know. Besides, I am technically telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth - I am indeed on the train. "Cool. Well, if you want we can have that movie night on Saturday." I didn't reply.
I have no idea how will I feel on Saturday. Just like with those Monday rides. I don't want them to become regular because more often then not I just want to put my headphones on and turn the outside world off when I'm done with classes. I just want to sit on the warm train and listen to my music. Same thing is on weekends. I just want to stay in my room and watch "Dancing with stars" or whatever horrible show is on. I want to be alone. [/Garbo]

Can it be I'm likable? Today a girl I've only met a month and a half ago gave me a little gift, a Harry Potter bookmark she got for me at Interliber (the annual book fair held in Zagreb, Croatia's capital). She said she thought of me when she saw it and had to take one to give it to me. I am always swept away off my feet when something like this happens. Like last year, when Maja gave a tiny stuffed elephant for my birthday that has been attached to my bag ever since (I might wash it one of these days though...). But mostly I am genuinely surprised every time I discover that the majority of people are decent human beings.
Anyway, the subject of birthdays came up today and I said mine was on December 20 and these two girls started talking about cakes and parties and I said I didn't celebrate birthdays because I was a Jehova's Witness. I told them we only celebrate God and not ourselves, not even Christmas nor Easter. The only holiday we somehow acknowledge is Pesah. They first thought I was kidding but I was serious. Then they asked me if I went to people's houses to preach my faith and I said yes. I also told them about our weekly meetings where we study Bible. I could've gone for hours equally serious but then Anja outed me when she started to laugh. Damn! It was so funny.
Speaking of my birthday, I'm planning an online party. Bring your own drinks and I see you all on December 20 at WFW'S CBOX.

6 spoke back:

Van said...

December 20 bday cbox party sounds nice.
I'll bring the rum!

lol @ fake jehova witness

Krissie said...

I'll bring the rum too! And Coke!

D-HOR said...

Oh crap for a second I even thought you were being serious and I was thinking "Then why does she have the Christmas banner??" You beotch you're funny :)

And WHO plans an online B-Day party? You are so cool :)

Krissie said...

I am so not cool. The online bday party wasn't my idea. It seems like all I do is take great ideas from other people and use them. Some day I'm gonna get my ass sued.

Anonymous said...

I'll bring Bailey's, corn chips, and salsa. Worry about the tummy ache later.

Krissie said...

Mmmmm Bailey's!