Thursday 23 October 2008

Cuz I am hanging on every word you say

WRITTEN TODAY IN CLASS

I'd say I'm stuck at the most boring lecture ever but that would be a lie. It saddens me deeply, knowing that I'll never get to say that about a lecture again. From now on, whenever I think I'm bored in a class, I'll have to ask myself: Sure, it's boring, but is it more boring than the Curator's lecture? And the answer will always, forever and ever, have to be NO.
I know it's hard to believe that one class can be so horrible. Well, brace yourself because it gets worse. Tonight us girls from the Curator's class are going to see some German experimental films. I know. I'm barely containing the glee myself. *stares blankly* God, I hope there'll be subtitles. Um... Are there lines in German experimental films? What do they experiment with? Will there be gore? I hope there'll be no gore. Or rape. I don't want to watch Germans experimenting with rape without subtitles. Imagine the notes (yes, we have to take notes). So, imagine the notes: Two German guys are raping a German girl. A lot. They're saying nothing. German techno music is playing in the background. Clearly, I know nothing about German experimental film but that's how I picture it. Most likely, in black and white. It would freak me out, though, if my vision turned out to be true.

In other news, I'm fangirling over one of my new professors. I want to make him a fan site that would contain audio recordings of his lectures. Not because his lectures are particularly interesting. It's a class about English dictionaries that are, granted, useful, but not all that much exciting. No, it's actually about the way that man speaks English. I've never heard English spoken so beautifully at my Uni till this class. It's British (of course it is) and I'm no expert, far from it, but if that's not RP at its best, I don't know what is. His English is perfect. Except for his ORs. His OR sounds Irish. And my God, it just makes it all the more wonderful! *fangirl sigh*
I texted (LOL, non-verb) Maja immediately after the lecture saying I loved it so much and she said: I know, right? It's beautiful. She knew I'd be mad about it. I told my parents about it over lunch. I stopped eating and talked about the way this man speaks and how I could listen to him for hours and I may have or may have not stared into nowhere for a while. But I don't think they got it. Mostly because my Dad said: But you speak English so well. Um, no, not really. I sound like I escaped from Russia. But some day, some day I'll sound like him.
I hope.

5 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

"But you speak English so well."

I have to LOL because it reminds me of what my mom said when I got my first C in English in college.
She said: "But you used to be good in English!"

She has 8 years of formal education. Explains a lot.

Krissie said...

Haha, my Dad's finished high school but he failed English in 6th grade of primary school. Also explains a lot.

Van said...

OMG, how was the German experimental thing?
I hope it turned out to be a great experience, instead of what you were expecting with all raeps and tehcno audio playing, lol.
Regarding the professor English dealightful, I totally get you!!
I am stuck on a guy that does a documentary that calls: Earth: The Biography and The Power of the Planet.
He sounds a bit Scotish and his voice surely makes my hears go mmmmmmmm....I love his accent and the way he pronounces the words with a bit of Scotish in the midle. lool *fan girl giggle*
Maybe you should record a bit of your professor lecture for us to enjoy, huh?!
I hope so K.
HAve a great weekend
:))

Krissie said...

I didn't go in the end, Van.

High 5 on professor crushes! LOL

nicbeast said...

I had a professor crush once...
That is all I am willing to say about that.

Some voices are yummy...Deep, well spoken, soothing... *sigh*