Tuesday 7 October 2008

Sometimes You Need A Few Drinks

I have stuff to write about, really, I do. The fact that I'm officially a student of the 2nd year after I'd enrolled to the 1st year for FOUR times (twice in law school, twice here), and how they're trying to kill us with boredom, how there are more of my 1st year peers left behind with me than I expected, how I helped in creating a radio show, how I found some music I really really like (right now, "Breathe" by Greenwheel, for instance, and then ohsobeautifulandperfect "Candleburn" by Dishwalla), how I went out and was an accomplice in a criminal act (sorta), how my virtual friends love me (Maichan) more than my RL friends, even though the latter ones can be sweethearts too (Puki), how I went shopping again and bought a ton of stuff, how my cat's missing and this time, this time I don't think he's coming back, how I gained all the weight I lost back, how someone form my blogroll wrote a freakin' BOOK (Darth)...
It's just that... I don't feel like it.

Instead, have a song that is oh so very true.

You don't understand my jokes
You're burning my eyes with your smoke
If I wasn't alone, I'd ask you to move away
So I order up another round
Sipping my last one down
You're the best deal in town
And I've only got dreams to dream of
Sometimes you need a few drinks to fall in love
If you need a few drinks
you could start with a couple of shots
Give a couple of winks
And later blame it all on the buzz
And this year burned a hole in my hope
I got debts that could choke out a rope
And it's not my approach it's the way I go summing things up
And there's really nothing great about this bar
So here I am and right there you are
We're both shooting way under par
But soon we'll forget what par was
Yeah, sometimes you need a few drinks to fall in love
If you need a few drinks
You might as well start with a couple of shots
Give a couple of winks
And later blame it all on the buzz
Sometimes, you need a few drinks to fall in love

8 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

Great song, although I cringe at the thought of that being 'how we met'. Tell that to your grandkids...

Krissie said...

LOL I know, but how often it is just as it is? If I wasn't alone, I'd ask you to move away but hey,
You're the best deal in town
... So unpoetical, so real.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is. Ever seen that episode of Ally McBeal with the fat man about to get married? He asks Ally if he's doing the right thing, because he isn't really in LOVE love with the woman. She says he should wait for his true love, but then the fiancee talks to Ally and says something along the lines of:
I love him. We're friends. We get along. We have the same interests. Do you really think people like us could get a better deal? LOOK at us... (She's also chubby and not verry pretty either.)
And then Ally gets it. Reality is sometimes going with what you can get." Sad but true.

Krissie said...

I do remember that episode (I remember pretty much all episodes, LOL).
And isn't it just what makes this song so tragic? Sometimes I think I'll end up settling with second or third or eleventh best and I... I just wanna die.

LadyN said...

-My RL friend doesnt talk to me anymore and i have no idea why....
-Work is a bore. I don't talk to a single soul there alll day...literally
-I'm bored to death too....

I'd like a drink.

nicbeast said...

I need a drink, too...

Krissie said...

Well then, the drinks are on me!

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Hi :) Can we have lots of shit and not write together? :) Me too, but ugh. Hell at least you made the obligitory "i'm still here post." I can't seem to do anything. I've checked this ONE blog (yours) because I know you care and I care that you care and don't want you to think I've forgot about you.

But other than that I can't seem to get off my couch (it's been about 36 hours, yay depression) and do anything.

like pack.

ugh, sigh.

Gee I'm such an upper today yes? Shit. Well if it's anything I WILL be looking forward to when you tell us about your crime spree, that gives me a smile for sure :)

XXXXXXX's - Lindy