Wednesday 18 June 2008

Oh Sadness

Remember me going crazy over this upcoming play? So they're finally coming to Osijek! Squee, yes? No. They'll be performing on June 30. When I'll most likely be on the bus or already at Krk. OMG sadness! I wanted to see Živko on stage again SO MUCH! Stupid me going to earn ton of money at the coast.

In other news, it's Sonja's bday today so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OLD GIRL!

I updated Firefox to 3.0. Kinda nice to be able to save stuff without everything freezing for minutes. Minus point: can't access photobucket. Like, AT ALL. But I can't get to it from IE either so I'm crossing fingers for it to sort out soon or I'll.. I'll... I'll be a sadface.

I'm waiting for the flowers that Lindy sent and Mum planted to bloom. One is just about to. Aaany day now... It's kinda awesome to have something real and tangible (not that I'll be petting it or anything, cuz that can't be good for a flower, methinks) and ALIVE from someone "virtual".

Also, Croatia is in the quarter finals! Wooot! Send us positive vibes on Friday, please! Thanks. :)

OMG! I just checked Nick Hornby's blog as I often do (it's on the right in the links) and I cannot but to copy/paste his entirelast post because... well, if I wasn't madly in love with him already, I'd certainly be now:

In his…

…sports column in today’s Evening Standard, former Tory politician David Mellor reckons that “with Croatia and Turkey through to the quarter-finals, it is even more blindingly obvious what a great chance England would have had, if they had qualified. Frustrating, isn’t it?” I had to read this twice, just to make sure that I wasn’t missing some elegantly-disguised irony, but I’m pretty sure it’s not there. Perhaps he has forgotten that the main reason Croatia are playing in Euro 2008 at all is that they beat England twice, home and away, in the qualifying group.

Conversely, the main reason England are not playing at Euro 2008 is because they lost twice, home and away, to the team whose progression to the last eight apparently demonstrates why England might have won the competition.(One can only presume, on recent form, that Croatia would have been quite happy to play England for a third time, in the tournament proper.)

Croatia probably won’t win the tournament, but the “blindingly obvious” conclusion to be drawn from this is that England would have had no chance - not least because England’s qualification would have resulted in the hopeless Steve McLaren still being in charge. Perhaps what Mr Mellor means is that England would have had a much better chance of winning if all the teams superior to them had been banned from entering? This, of course, is a much more robust argument.

Nick Hornby

6 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how many EK games I've already seen on tv (about 4 LOL) but croatia is kicking butt!!
and the netherlands as well...:) I'm kinda sad to see france go, I'd rather see the italians go...

who knows, croatia might play the netherlands soon, that would be great ;)

nick hornby is right!!

also, I'm sorry to hear you'll be missing the play :( I hope they'll tour again after you return from the coast! and don't forget to send me your address down there, ok? :)
love!! x

Krissie said...

If we played the Netherlands, that would so be the end of us so let's keep that for the finale,k? LOL
Boo Italians, ditto!

I hope the play would return too. I wanna see eeeeeet!

D-HOR said...

I'm "virtual" So you're saying I have virtue?? Like I'm sweet and innocent and not a hor and EVERYTHING!?!

Sweet, I'm a virgin again, this is awesome. Now, who am I gonna give it up to? Wait, no, that's not virgin talk. Um........

Ok. "Oh dear, I'm so sweet and virtuous and innocent, and yet still, I wonder whom ever shall someday be my lover?"

Check me out, I'm gonna go buy a white dress.

:P

Yay for flowers!!!! XOOX's

Anonymous said...

I always hated FRANCE's trainer, and THIS is the end of him!
HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
my PLAN worked like a charm!

As for Krk, I try not to think about it... *snif* too painful... even if I'm happy you'll make some green.

Le sigh, Ah that play actor is sooo hot, I'm sure you'll catch his hotness at some other time... it's not it's gonna get cold any time soon, huh! *wink wink*

Krissie said...

LMAO Hoooor! Oops. I mean, Virgiiiiiin!

Doc, I try not to think about it either. Yet I leave in about a week. I'm getting nervous and all. Booo.

Unknown said...

You leave in a week? But, but... who's gonna entertain me then?
Church comes back on July 1st, right? I guess that's something...

And spend that money wisely - laptop. You are a writer, you need the tool.

SM