Monday 11 February 2008

This & That

It's been how long since I last posted? Yeah, long.
And in the mean time what has happened? Nothing, as far as I know.
I studied. I spent a LOT of time on Facebook. I saw a few films. Some I liked. Some was so incredibly dumb that I'm glad I only saw them cuz my sister was watching them and I happened to be in the room or I'd be dead embarrassed for my poor choice in films. But I'll get back to that.
Maja came back from hospital and we went to see her and she's doing awesome, walking and sitting. Doesn't sound like much, I know, but it is. I instructed her brother to practice crossing the street with her. I don't think she appreciated my humour at that particular moment but she will eventually. Right?
OK, films. Let's start with the crap. The Village. OMG. Just so you know, who ever recommended it when I asked for some thriller/horror films for my sister, my sister hates you right now. And she thinks your taste in films sucks monkey balls. There. In your face. Oh and I'm with her. Worst. Crap. Ever. Except for Borat. Nothing beats Borat in crapness.
I also saw Elizabeth: The Golden Age. OK, how hot is Clive Owen? I thought he was rather fine the first time I saw him in Second Sight but damn, he's got like 20 times better since then. The film itself was OK, I liked the first one better though.
The Jane Austen Book Club was lovely. A nice chick flick, better than the book really, and how often does one get to say that? And Hugh Dancy is just adorable. Seriously.
But now we come to the good part. The Man From Earth. Oh. My. God. It was recommended to me by two very different people in two days so I had to see it and it is really really good. Different. It takes place in one room mostly (they do occasionally step out in front of the house) and it's about a man who claims he's 14 000 years old. And he tells his story. I know it sounds not particularly interesting but it really is. But you gotta see it for yourself. No, really. You gotta see it.
Next in line is The Assassination of Jesse James. I'm sure you'll be hearing about it. From me, that is. I'm sure you've heard of it elsewhere.
In other news, my dog had a close encounter with a hedgehog again. Once again he carried it around in his mouth, rolled it across the lawn and barked at it. Hedgehog did not appreciate it. Then my Dad tried to steal the hedgehog with a shovel while I held Ferdo down. And now he hates us both. Because of that or because we were trying to drop some eye drops into his eyes (unrelated incident, I assure you). A friendly warning: do not try to approach my dog while carrying a bottle of eye drops any time soon.

11 spoke back:

Sgt said...

Blegh.. The Village was aweful. Why would someone recommend it?

Krissie said...

Your guess is as good as mine, Sgt.

Anonymous said...

I loved The Village.

Krissie said...

Then it was probably you. Thank you. Really.

Van said...

I think I recommend the village to you Krissie.
lol
I love all Night Shyamalan movies.
The village is one of my favorites.
But everyone has their opinion and that is that.

Krissie said...

Yes, yes, it was you, Van, but I wasn't gonna point fingers.
I like The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable too.

Van said...

Oh Krissie, I have no problem in you not liking the movie I recommended.
That is absolutely OK.
;)
But I can recommend you The Lady in The Water!
LMAO
I wonder what would you think of that one, which I also like prety much.

Krissie said...

Nice try, Van.

D-HOR said...

The Village pissed me off. I was expecting more scariness and less lame "twisted" ending. Def. a let-down.

Ok, and
OMG you have hedge-hogs?

Krissie said...

Don't you have them?

Anonymous said...

Ok. what about SIGNS, I loved it!

Thanks for the heads up, no that I'm sick and stuck in bed, I have plenty of time to watch movies.

And I think hedgehogs are cute.