Sunday 17 February 2008

QuirkyAlone

Single and fulfilled?
Absolutely!
In fact, those who fit this simple, yet, startling description can now formally refer to themselves as "quirkyalones."
The phrase was recently coined by Sasha Cagen, a thirty-year-old author, who refers to those seemingly happy and solitary singletons (single or resingled) using this new term throughout her book of the same name.
Those who qualify for this cute but descriptive title will find themselves in good company with the likes of Cher, George Clooney, Steve Martin, and Oprah Winfrey, to name just a few. They are part of a growing population in our society who live full and fun lives without feeling the need to be party to a formalized marital relationship. In fact many quirkyalones see no reason to even date for the purpose of coupling. Their approach to being with others has more to do with friendship and companionship without the need for pursuing a primary relationship. Their need for independency, for any number of reasons, precludes the necessity for a "significant other" in their lives.

The Quirkyalone Quiz...
Are you a "quirkyalone?" Take this quiz and find out.
Review the following characteristics while answering each one as yes or no:
1. I display a talent for self-reflection.
2. I trust the idea of a prosperous, interesting existence with or without a mate.
3. I create and maintain chosen clusters of friends.
4. I see life as a big choose-your-own-adventure kind of thing.
5. I support the idea of dating but not necessarily for the purpose of coupling.
6. I prefer solitude to a relationship in which I have to restrain any essential part of myself.
7. I feel a general compulsion to leave my mark on culture or society--to express myself through art, business, literature, or even social activism.
8. I recognize the ways in which society prescribes happiness primarily through romantic love and perceive this approach to be a human failing.
9. I recall a taste or glimpse of a great relationship/encounter, which intensified my desire to be open to a similar experience again.
10. I possess a talent for the deconstruction of love songs equal only to my vulnerability to them.
-
Find Your Christian Soul Mate

-
Answers:

0 to 3 "Yes" responses: Sorry, but you're not a quirkyalone. You should sign up with an Internet matchmaking service as soon as possible and find out where all the singles hang out in your area.

4 to 6 "Yes" responses: You are a borderline quirkyalone. This means that you may still want to live with another almost quirkyalone and be a quirkytogether couple or might just want to sleep in your own room while your significant other sleeps in his/her own room, too.

7 to 10 "Yes" responses: You are definitely a quirkyalone. Instead of romancing another person, you will spend your life romancing life for all it's worth. Along with a growing segment of society who are committed to remaining single, you now can refer to everyone like yourself using one single word.

You're a quirkyalone!

I got 8 out of 10, you're damn right I'm a quirkyalone! SOURCE

5 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

Because you like to belong to a group sooooo much.

Right.

And quirkytogether is SO CUTE! hee hee

Krissie said...

Hey, I'd belong to any group that has George Clooney as a member!

Glitterstim said...

Yeah....I'm apparently a quirkyalone, too. But I think I've been one too long!

Van said...

I got 5.
So I am boderline quirkyalone, lol.
Interesting, though.
I would belong to any group that has George Clooney as a member too, hihihih.

D-HOR said...

I got a 6 out of 10. Huh, well shit.

(ahahahahahaha I would have been a full-on quirkyalone if I would have felt the need to leave my mark on society lol I'm not that motivated)