Saturday 27 December 2008

I can't help but to hear an exchanging of words

I was at the library today. I got The Time traveler's Wife, thank you very much. And also Shopaholic & Baby but that's beside the point. It's high time I read it and I'd be having some 8 hours to kill on the bus on Monday, so.

Then this chick comes in and whispers conspiratorially to the librarian: Do you have Twilight?

And I SNORT. LOUDLY.

Which is totally hypocritical of me given that I was listening to the New Moon at that very moment through my headphones, but I can live with my hypocrisy. Not like they could tell, right?

And the librarian says: It's at the children's section.

I grin, because the chick is so obviously embarrassed she has to ask the librarian to repeat it, like, if she asks about it for three or for times, the book will magically appear here. Then, as if that wasn't enough, she continues with: The one about vampires and... And she waves her hand around in a vague gesture, probably deciding bringing up the sparkling part is not the best way to regain the little dignity she has left.

Yes, the librarian says. The trilogy.

And then... then I kick myself off my high horse by saying: Quadrilogy.

5 spoke back:

nicbeast said...

Bwahahahahahahahaha! I'm thinking of joining an audio book club to download them. They are checked out of the library for like ever and I am too cheap to buy it.

Krissie said...

Torrents, baby.

Van said...

LOL!
so many people think its a triology, shame shame....
And the 5th book is half written, but will not be published very soon, unfortunetly.
I am reading Eclipse now...and loving it so far (don't tease me, lol).
What about you Kris?
Still hating New Moon?
lol
Which one would you choose: The gorgeous cold Vampire or The strong hot Werewolf?!

Krissie said...

Oh Eclipse is totally the best book! It even has plot! LOL

Um, I dunno, neither seems to be attractive to me. Edward is too cold, and Jacob is just a dumb kid who can't take no for an answer. So no to both.

darth sardonic said...

heh heh, the wife just finished reading them all and i simply refuse cause my wife even said they were predictable and kinda not overly inspired.

nice bit of hypocrisy though!

sorry i haven't commented in awhile, trying to play catch up now