Sunday 21 September 2008

As A Character In The Play Said: Holy Mary Mother Of God!

That was. So. Fucking. Awesome. Three hours of pure pleasure. It's magic on the stage, I'm telling you. This particular cast, they're made of awesomesauce.
From the very beginning we were laughing and clapping and enjoying the play so, so much. The theatre was packed. We've heard they don't remember such a huge interest for a play as it was for this one, and I can tell you - completely justified.
It's a play in two acts, the first one starts with the audition and rehearsals for the play, and then the second act is the play in the play. The "actors" are pretty much the bottom of the barrel, only hired cuz no one else auditioned. LOL They're a bunch of freaks with lots of personal issues, but it's awesome to watch how they become a team and friends for life through the production. The girl, LMAO, oh she's fantastic. First of all, she bursts in blabbing a mile a second in Slovenian which no one understands, and she has this retarded brother who follows her around and then just stands there and drools. Until we find out he can play piano and then he's hired too. LOLOLOL And the guy who plays the main character keeps borrowing money from everyone, he's a total schmuck, LOL. Then he fails to return the money to this one guy ("Are you a Serb?" "No, I'm not." "You can tell us, nothing to be afraid of." "Us Serbs are not afraid." Bwahahahaha.) and then his wife gets beaten up, but when the schmuck apologises, he goes: "Oh don't sweat it, it's all good." So absurd, so funny, so awesome!
And the snake! Ahahahahaha! One guy plays a rattle-snake at one point. He has a little box with something in it and he shakes it to produce the sound of a rattle-snake's tail and pouts his lips and hisses, and OMG moves in the funniest way! He got ovations in the middle of the play for it. (God, I know my words are so insuficient!)
Then there's a forty years old guy living with his mother, who's a total suck-up to the director (the director of the play, Saša Anočić [Živko's older brother], also plays the director of "the play"). His mother keeps calling him on his cell and then he sends her kisses over the phone. LOLOLOL
Živko is... Well, fabulous. Kinda shy and lost, but then woah!, he grabs a guitar and ON TOP OF IT ALL, HE PLAYS THE GUITAR! Be still my heart, because HE'S SINGING TOO! OK, they all sing, and the girl is fantastic. This one guy plays 4 different instruments in the show (the one who's married with 5 kids). They just kept astonishing me over and over again.
There's a rumour of them coming to Osijek again in January and I am so going if they do!
I took some pictures but they're horrible cuz I couldn't use flash and we were pretty far and high but fuck it, I know it's him in the pics. So anyway:
That's me. (I know, no shit.) See how far I was from the stage?

Živko... *sigh*

He plays guitar... *deeper sigh*

Plus, he's so hot... *brb, taking a cold shower*

OK, so my pics are horrible so here are some good ones stolen from Facebook:
And now we play dead. LOL

Tough gig, being the only woman in the play. LOL

Seriously, do you see that body?! Hellooo, pecs!

We interrupted the scene with applause when they did this. So great.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention the music that was just great! Blues and rock and what not. Fave tune? "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" - CCR FTW! Also, "The Last Time" by The Blind Boys of Alabama, "Well Well Well" also by them, "The Tennessee Waltz"... Just all of it was amazing, including their performances.

7 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

"she has this retarded brother who follows her around and then just stands there and drools. Until we find out he can play piano and then he's hired too."

Now I wanna see the play.

Krissie said...

OMG GO SEE IT!
They start playing in ZG on 25th. GO GO GO GO! Teatar Exit.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

What a cool looking theatre!!

And OMG how much or WHAT would you GIVE to be the only woman in that play???? Lord have mercy. :P

Krissie said...

The theatre used to be a brothel. LOL There' a fun fact for my favourite hor.

And OMG, I know! Except for the getting on stage and performing in front of people part.

Anonymous said...

what?? that theather used to be a brothel? I was just gonna say it looks awesome...

have to admit he *does* look good, especially in the pic with the white shirt on..just borderline too much muscle for me :p but I think I could overlook that fact lol

Krissie said...

Not too much muscle, really not. He's just awesomely handsome.

And yeah, a brothel. LOL So there's a pic of me in a whore house. :P

LadyN said...

awwwww i love theater!!!
you look so happy! :-D

I haven't gone to one in ages!
I've seen "As you like it" once! :-)
But i didn't really understand much.

But in the downtown park here they show free plays by Shakespeare! The best! So far, I've seen "Hamlet" and "The taming of the shrew". Once I ALMOST met the main character from Hamlet (hot!). He happened to know a friend of my sister and went to her house for dinner that night after the play!!! I was pissed!

ok I'll shut up now....don't know why i just said all that.

Plays are soo fun! :-D