Wednesday 7 February 2007

Haunted Computer

As I was studying earlier I was listening to the radio. I began with some classical music that soon started to drill a hole in my brain. I changed the station then. And when Naughty Girl, Baby Boy and Hips Don't Lie came on... my studying was soooo over! How... HOW could I possibly concentrate with the images that music inevitably produced in my mind?
Goddammit, now there's Let's Get Loud on! Baby, do you get loud too or is it only your women that scream in that holy place, that heaven on Earth that is your bedroom?

Anyway, my computer put me through hell once again earlier. First it kindly offered to update my Media Player. The naive little me fell right for it! After the updates were downloaded and all, it refused to validate it and I found myself caught in the Twilight Zone loop of going back and forth between non-validating and non-working Media Player! Then I somehow stumbled upon the instructions for restoring the computer to status quo. I said a little prayer and went for it (all the while expecting for it not to work). I thought I had nothing to lose since the Media Player couldn't be opened anyway. But it did work, thank God! And my unupdated Media Player is playing my media again!
Yesterday similar crap happened. I put a CD in to copy it to the (now notorious yet much appreciated) Media Player. Before I'm able to click on Copy Music this screen opens with some kind of a video and there is no tool bar whatsoever. So I right-click. WTF??! No Exit, no Stop! Only Zoom In - Zoom Out! What good does that do??!
Next thing I know,I'm pressing every fucking key there is on the keyboard and NOTHING HAPPENS! The screen is still there... zooming in... zooming out... What do I do next? The usual - get the CD from hell out of the computer and RESET! Once my computer is recovered I SHOVE THE CD BACK IN! (I know, I know, I'm not very bright and I learn really slowly if at all.) But this time I click Copy Music really fast thinking that should do the trick. HELL NO! The copying begins but the fucking screen opens again! Only now I don't want to reset what appears to be the haunted machine because, you know, at least the music is being copied. But I am once again frantically pressing every fucking key. And HALLELUJAH!, I accidentally press ESC!
Toolbar appears, I close the screen and retain the little sanity I have left.
Then printer refused to turn off. It was roaring at me! I unplugged it, plugged it back and it roared again! I was afraid of my own fucking printer! I have no idea what I did there but it stopped roaring and turned off eventually.
Pffewwww...

Fien thinks it happens because my PC can't handle all of the Went-hotness stored in it. I don't disagree. It refuses to play me my PB S1. I think it fears overloading with The Pretty!

0 spoke back: