Monday 7 July 2008

Wearing Ranty Pants

Hmm... where to start? So much to complain about, so little time. LMAO
Remember the moron colleague? Well, she's not only rather dumb but also lazy. Winning combination. Why would she clean? Someone else will do it. Namely me. And before you ask why I would do it, I'll tell you. Because when something's fucked up, my boss literally explodes and he doesn't care who he's yelling at. Then we're all idiots and stupid and worthless according to him. OK, before you go all appalled with this, you should know that even though he explodes and says the worst things you can imagine (I almost started crying the other day), he cools down just as easily. And he doesn't mean it, he's not a bad man, he's just temperamental. But then again, he's from Mediterranean, it's a given. Nevertheless, I try to avoid these situations as best as I can so I try to have everything under control but it's hard when you're dealing with a moron.
For instance, the girl cannot add to save her life. Rather unfortunate for a waitress. LOL She has to write down an order for four people. FOUR PEOPLE! I write down for ten and up, and that's mostly as a precaution. But whatever, not everyone is the same. However, everyone should be able to fucking clean after oneself. Am I right or am I right? Now Crazy Roomie (CR) and I are trying to train her not to fuck up the bottles in the fridges. It messes up with counting and everything. Just put the beers with beers, waters with waters, juices with juices, sodas with sodas... But nooo! Moron Colleague (MC) has the ability of fucking shit up like nobody's business.
CR is in love. She met a guy about 10 days ago here and is now talking about getting married. I'm not making it up. He was here for the weekend and she spent most of her shift standing in the middle of the cafe exchanging saliva with the guy. Also, if I never hear his name again, it'll be too soon. Altough I don't know why I'm sick of him when he's the funniest, the smartest, the greatest guy in the whole wide world! Which I could've discovered for myself if he didn't have her tounge in his mouth all the time. Oh don't give me that look! I'm so not jealous, I just think it's unprofessional.
There's a thing about working here that bugs me. This centre is a really big house with cafe, 4 suits for guests and my boss' apartment. He lives here with his family. So yesterday his wife made lunch and they all came down to eat. Of course, they invited us as well but I wasn't hungry and CR had her mouth full anyway. And then when they ate they just dropped the dishes for us to wash. It doesn't sound like a big deal but it makes me feel humiliated. I can't explain it. We're staff, I get it, but it somehow doesn't feel right for us to do their private dishes. It's always been like that and it won't change. Yesterday afternoon a friend of the family brought 4 huge baking tins full of strudels and other cakes, we al ate, it was yummie. But guess who had to scrub them clean at 10pm. *raises hand* Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I love these people and they're awesome in so many ways (hello, LAPTOP [speaking of, my boss forbade me to share it with CR, he said he gave it to me, not her, which is both awesome and puts me in an awkward position, lol]), but some things just make me feel inferior. And I don't like feeling like that.
On the bright side, Jelena is coming on Wednesday. i can't wait. We chatted last night and two times she said exactly what I was thinking. First, she asked if we were gonna go for a pizza at this gas station on the island that has the kitchen open all night long and we used to go there to eat at weird hours. I said we better do cuz I was planning to. Then she said: I sleep two nights at home and one in Zagreb and then I'm there. which was so funny cuz earlier that day I totally though to myself, just like a child would: I sleep three more times and then she'll be here. LMAO I can't wait for her to be here. I really need someone to vent to. In person, that is.

7 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

It's definitely not a show of respect to let you (make you) do the dishes outside of working hours. That's just taking advantage.

Krissie said...

Well technically it was within working hours but still.

nicbeast said...

"but I wasn't hungry and CR had her mouth full anyway." Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha! Girl you slay me!

Maybe you could just...slip away and let someone else do it.

Krissie said...

Hey, I aim to amuse. And apparently rant.

Anonymous said...

Poor Krissita!
it's Hell but the devil gave you his laptop so... SUCK IT!
lol

Sassy Blondie said...

I'm not against a lil PDA, but I abhor people who practically give each other a tongue bath in public. Eww. Just eww.

Get those ranty pants untwisted and keep having fun!! :)

XOXO

Krissie said...

LOL, Doc. Good point there.

I agree, Sassy, just ew.