Thursday 1 May 2008

Drabble

*I can feel her heartbeat from a thousand miles...* (That's my cell phone ringing.)

I take a look around the table.
Father - check
Mother - check
Sister - check
Sister's BF - check
Sonja - check
Me - yup, check, I'm totally here

So... who could be calling me? Must be a wrong number. I pick up the phone, unknown number, I can hear music blasting on the other end (it's Labour Day today, people are out BBQing and partying and shit) and say Hello?
- Hey, where are you?
- Um... who is that?
- It's Miki, I left you my beer to hold it for me.
- Er... wrong number.
- Ow. *click*

4 spoke back:

cvilim said...

The more I read your posts, the more they look like televised stories. That is, they look like it's about plot in some TV show, not in real life. Hmmm... :-)

Krissie said...

Dude. You're weird.
My life's nothing like TV.

cvilim said...

Exactly.

:-D

darth sardonic said...

fuck tv, that shit happens to me all the time. i have even gotten texts from people who turned out to be meaning to text someone else altogether.

i love your blog because you capture these small surreal moments that make life funny and interesting.

he called the person he told to hold his beer? seriously? and then it was a wrong number? now that is fucking hilarious.