Monday 12 May 2008

Talking

Back in the day Doc called me. I told you about that experience that was both terrifying and wonderful. Terrifying cuz it was actually SPEAKING ENGLISH to a person on the phone, and wonderful cuz HELLO!, Doc called me!

Then some time later I spoke to Bel via Skype and that was also terrifying and wonderful, and just a tad awkward because of the uncomfortable silences that you don't notice when you're chatting in writing. But it's always nice to hear a voice of someone you consider a friend.

Three days ago I called WFW, again via Skype. It's so funny, I d/led Skype months ago pretty much so I'd be able to talk to her but was always too self-conscious about my spoken English and also, IT'S WFW!, she's a celebrity in my inner world, so I never did click that green phone button. Not until three days ago anyway. And then I just did. And it was so easy, talking to her, laughing with her. No awkward silences, no worrying about what I sound like, nothing. And I realised it's cuz it was HER. She's my FRIEND. We never met but it makes no difference. When you spend almost a year and a half talking to someone pretty much every day, you have every right to call them a friend. It was as easy to talk to her as it is to talk to Sonja or Nikolina. Only in English. LOL

This morning pop-pop-pop, Skype call window popped up on my screen. It was Nic. She just decided to call me out of the blue. So funny, I also had her on my Skype list for months, and today we finally talked. Awesomeness in speaking! No pauses, no weirdness, just chat of two friends. Sure, I worry about my English but fuck it, they understand me and they're my friends! They'll love me even if my grammar or pronunciation isn't flawless, right?

So I told Maichan about my recent talks and what does she do? Goes to AIM and calls me! With webcam on! And then it's HER who worries about what she sounds like cuz apparently, she sounds like a 12yo girl! LOL And she so doesn't! But that's not all. Even her husband sticks his face in front of the cam and greets me. And he's the guy who has read and recorded my retarded Voting!fic for CLSPN_PODFIC. Aw-kwaaaard. LMAO It's just that... It wasn't.

So yeah, I skipped a Language Practice class today but I practiced anyway! Internet ROCKS! And so do my online friends. So fuck you, mockers, I don't care about what you say, it's my life and it's my way!

5 spoke back:

Van said...

WOOOOOOOT!
That's awsome Krissie.
I am sure you sound nice when speaking English, after all, you are my teacher :)))
When I spoke to BB on MSN she imediately said: Oh fuck you sound like an american.
AHAhahahahaha
I guess because she is British she thought or expected that I had British accent, lmao.
We laughed pretty much.
And I helped MT in her Portuguese lessons. She seems to like the word "fuck" in Portuguese, looool.
It's cool to actually talk to your network friends.
Gets you to another level in your friend ship, I guess.
Keep it up!

Krissie said...

LOL Van, i doubt I sound "nice" but I don't really care that much anymore. And yes, it's totally cool to talk to them!

nicbeast said...

You were fine! Stop worrying! LOL!! WOOT for skype!!!!

Anonymous said...

LAMO! Gotta love the internet!
Our conversation was very brief and now I'm sorry about that!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Krissie said...

WOOOOOT!

(Seems like an ongoing theme so I'm just joining in.)