Wednesday 23 April 2008

Random Thoughts

It's weird how I'm absolutely sure my sister knows me better than I know myself. Maybe not everything I do, but knows me inside out, everything I am.
And I... I don't know her at all.

~~~~~

I have this entire life on the Internet, right? Places I visit regularly, people from all over the world I talk to every single day. A circle of friends completely detached from anyone I know in RL. And it hits me often: if I suddenly died, they wouldn't know. Maybe they'd wonder for a few days, two or three of them for a few weeks even, but there'd be no way of knowing for them.

19 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

When I started having contacts online, I had the exact same thought as you.
So I went to my little sister and told her.
"If anything bad happen to me, something really really bad that prevent me from using the internet... like if I'm in coma or if I died..."

She looked at me for a long time.

"Would you mind sending an email to all the people in my contacts list and tell them I can't contact them?"

She kept looking at me for a long time, then she said:

"You're not quite right in the head. You know that."


That was the end of the conversation.

nicbeast said...

I had the same thought. An online friend of mine was in a car crash and I said if anything happened to you how would I know? I can't contact you other than the internet. He told his daughter to send me an email. The thought broke my heart getting that email. It still chokes me up. I'll make sure The Man knows to do the same for me...if any of you care to know...

Krissie said...

Doc, that is exactly why none of you will ever know if I suddenly get hit by a meteor.
Well, that and the fact that my sis wouldn't know how to send an e-mail if it was a matter of life and death. And it would be. Cuz I'd be dead.
It's so sad.

Nic! I CARE! I better be on that list cuz if you're in a coma or dead, I wanna know. I'm nice like that.

Van said...

OMG I thought several times about the same thing!
I still haven't came up with a plan if something goes wrong with me, like being taken by aliens, or something.
But I may ask my BF to let my "net people" know if something happens to me.
And, by the way, I thought I was the only one thinking of this subject, lol.

Krissie said...

Apparently, Van, we're all alike. I knew there was a reason why we found each other on the Internet. :)

cvilim said...

Kristina i dalje me svaki put oduševljavaš svojim postovima, i uvijek se vidi da si veliki filozof i analizator, pa sad ti mrzi to... :-)

Javljam ti se na hrvatskom pa nek si ovi drugi misle... :-P

Krissie said...

Hahaha, hrvatski je savršeno u redu na mom blogu.
Ne mogu vjerovat da si komentirao! O_o

Anonymous said...

NICKY LOVE, I care too! I wanna know if you die too!

LMAO@cvilim!!!

Krissie said...

LOL, Doc, how did you know he didn't actually say anything, just randomly lined up letters between the spaces? Did you try to translate it? You're sneaky like that.

nicbeast said...

Wait! You're nice?

Krissie said...

Shhhhhhh!
Not so loud, Nic!

*whispers* I am, I just don't advertise it.

Anonymous said...

Me too! I've had that same thought! It scares me, like really really scares me.
I haven't heard from a couple of people for ages and what is even weireder is that you don't know at all if they're busy, ill, dead or just don't like you anymore. Scary.

Krissie said...

I think I'd prefer "dead" to "don't like me no more".
But that just me.

Anonymous said...

No, it's not just you.

Krissie said...

LMAO
Thanks.

nicbeast said...

Well, if it's not Kriss, and it's not Bel, then who is it? Me?

Anonymous said...

It's not ME either!
I swear I ain't do nothin'!

Krissie said...

I think it's David Santos.

LadyN said...

I've thought the same thing! Freaky. Which is why i give my sisters all my passwords just incase. I think i have more friends online than RL. i guess thats' why i forget that i need to find friends in RL or talk to people.

no? lol!

...and yes, it might be Creepy Santos, cuz it ain't me neither! *shakes head*