Saturday 12 April 2008

Family Business

I've spent some quality time bonding with my Dad today. How? Over music. My Dad was the kind of a teenager who spent his days in his room with his gramophone and LP's listening and listening and listening to the cool music of the time, Pink Floyd and The Who and Animals and Jimi Hendrix and Nazareth etc. So I d/led tons of that music and then we listened to it and he got into explaining the riffs and solos and "entrances" and what not, and drumming on the air drums to the rhythm... He was so cute! If that's a normal thing to say about one's 50yr old Dad. lol And now I have to tape it to CASSETTES so he can listen to it in his car. Of course he has a cassette player! We're poor, remember? lol

In other news, my sister finally got a kick-ass job! She's leaving the nursery home and moving on to a private diagnostic polyclinic where she will take the patients to different doctors and keep the records and be a lady nurse. For a pay that is almost twice as big as she used to get! We're all psyched about it!
And my Mom asked me if I was jealous! WTF?! NO! Why would I be jealous of my own sister's happiness?! It's because I said everything goes right when it comes to her, unlike me. And it doesn't mean I'm jealous, it just means I wish I had my life all sorted out like she does. And I'm happy for her, dammit! Besides, more money for her means more money for me. Duh.

3 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

Now that's good math. ;)

SM

Krissie said...

I know, right?

Anonymous said...

How does that work? I mean, your sister earning more means you get more? If that is true then I'm all thumbs up for my sister finding a better payed job!