Saturday 21 March 2009

You taught me kings and queens while stroking my hair

Oh my God. I actually finished what I now think of as the first half of my story. It has a prologue and a title and warnings and a summary, it's been beta'd by Christel, and there's even a little shout out to the demanding hors (you know who you are).

I'll be posting the link to it as soon as I'm completely happy with what it looks like.

Writing this stupid story is one of the ways of avoiding the real issues. Like the one that my Grandma is anything but better. We're actually waiting for THE call from the hospital all the time. She had another stroke last night, and the other day she went through a series of epileptic seizures. It's not looking good. My Dad is having trouble with accepting it. Maybe it's a male thing, I don't know.

We're going to see her today and I just... I don't know if I can take it. The fact is that I am the most sensitive one in my family and I can't deal with sickness. I can't even imagine someone dying. I have to go see her because she's conscious and she's aware of who's there and who's not even if she can't talk. Oh God, she can't talk!

But I need her to see me, I want her to know that we all love her and that we all care. If she doesn't recover...

One of these days I'll tell you all about her, how she taught me to tell time, how she made me the most beautiful clothes, how she always gave and gave and gave. Just not today.

6 spoke back:

darth sardonic said...

man that is some hard shit. you still manage to capture it all beautifully though

Krissie said...

Thanks.

She's actually better than expected so writing about her is gonna be easier.
or I'll just wait till she can speak again and record her own story. LOL In Hungarian. :D

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say. Be with her as much as you can, don't force yourself. She knows you love her.

About the fic, will you be posting it here? I really, really want to read it.

Krissie said...

Thank you.

Dear God, no. I won't be posting it here. But I'll let you know where it is when it's finished.

Van said...

I hate sickness too. I feel impotent around it...sucks. I agree with Sav, go spend time with her. And I definetely wanna know more about your grandma, when you feel right to do it. Meanwhile, I just hope she gets better and recovers fast. Stay strong Kris :)

Krissie said...

She seems to be getting better, so there's that.

Thanks.