Monday 26 January 2009

Someday never comes

Overwhelmed. That would be the word of the day. Hell, of the week. Not surprisingly, really, seeing how it's the end of the semester and finals are knocking on the door. They're one foot in, really. And me being me, leaving everything for the very last moment, is now swamped with work. Yet here I am, blogging. I'm letting off steam, okay?

Ashley asked me to record a podfic for her. Why, I'll never know. I slur when I read English, I can't pronounce certain words, I read way too fast (hence the first two problems, I suppose) and stumble over words (much like actors in Ĺ okica, UGH), and I just can't hit that English sentence intonation. I actually went and recorded first three chapters (there are eight - ambitious of me, I know), but then deleted chapters 2 and 3 because there's weird buzzing that I just don't know how to get rid of. I'm not that unhappy with the first part, but since it went downhill from there, I doubt I'd be finishing it.

I haven't been having the best days lately, as you may or may have not noticed. Could be that I'm PMSing, but it's more likely the stress is kicking in, my usual not all that fun I-can't-do-this attitude overflowing me, when by this I mean living. Christel would ask me to stop being emo, Erica would suggest professional help, but I don't think I'm capable of following either of the advice. What I really want is a magic wand to wave my life away. Which, I guess, can also be done with a carefully dosed amount of sleeping pills. But then, where's the fun in that, right? Row, row, row your boat... When I'd really, really prefer drowning.

7 spoke back:

nicbeast said...

Drowning hurts...

Krissie said...

Rowing ain't pleasant either.

nicbeast said...

Touche'

LadyN said...

:-/ and i actually liked him...and his long hair.

when you find the wand use it on him instead. just a thought.

Just don't drown or row or anything. Please. Breathing is nice.

Krissie said...

As if I'd ever waste perfectly good magic on boys Pffft.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you on the podfic thing. I don't think I'd ever dare to do that.

Maybe as a joke for "Mullet-and-white-socks-'n'-sandals-wearing Eastern European reading slash. Laugh or cry. You decide. Irrelevant post of the week" thing.

Yeah, I've been feeling like that lately. I just want to curl up and die. Dunno why tho'.

It'll pass. Everything does.

Anonymous said...

Blah professional help. I should have gotten it years ago :)

I actually know what you feel like with that magic wand... not the pills so much though -- I'd like some fairy godmother to come and magic me to another life.