Wednesday 28 June 2006

Diary Of Krk V


It's 7pm and there goes another day in Šilo. The greatest excitement of the last two days would be Mirza Džomba (the famous handball player) at the cafe. Apparently he has a house here so he comes for a beer or something with his friends. The first time I saw him my hands were shaking like crazy but I'm used to him now. He seems nice, really, and calls me šefice (boss). It's really funny. I'm terrified with the thought of spilling something on him.
Otherwise, it's been quite quiet here, not much to do, basically no one to dive. And that of course means that the hot instructor isn't here either. I know, I know, he's married but at least he's something nice to look at. No second thoughts. Well, I have a lots of ideas of what I would do with him but I'm not gonna be that girl, you know what I mean.
Tomorrow is Davor's birthday. I mustn't forget to send him an SMS. I don't know if he's in Vrsar or Darda but it doesn't matter really.
Suddenly I'm having a death wish. Well, not exactly a death wish but I would like to be in love. I don't want a boyfriend but would like to be hopelessly in love with someone out of reach. Actually, a crush would do too. Unfortunately, my options here are beyond limited. The one I noticed is married (why, God, why?!!) and the others are old or ugly and/or married too. It's sad really. I'm worse than Bridget. Oh no, am I turning into Muriel again?!!

P.S. I'm continuing right away. It's not that I have anything to say really, but you know how much I love writing, even if it's only rubbish. I'm listening to U2's With Or Without You and I wish I had someone to share it with. Er, it seems the sea and the summer are starting to get to me. Oh boy, you know how stupid I can get when I get like this.
I've sent postcards to Sonja, Mare, Nika, Buba and Momo. Not to mum and dad 'cause I'm sending a parcel to Vaki tomorrow and I've put a letter in it.
I'm sleepy but I don't know, suddenly sleeping seems like a waste of time, like there'll be plenty of time to sleep, like I should live now. But the thing is, I'm also enjoying my time alone.
Have I told you about the two brothers, Rene and Patrick? No? I don't know. Anyhow, they're from Austria, they come here for the summer for years and I got to know them 'cause they come to Neptun at least once a day. Rene is a chef and I have no idea what does Patrick do. So Rene kept promising to bring me a chocolate croissant for breakfast and then he would get up too late or would forget or whatever. But today he came with the box of cookies and cakes. Isn't that sweet? I mean, to do that for someone you barely know, someone you'll probably never see again after this summer.
I don't know, so far it seems people are so nice here, for no apparent reason. I'm not lik ethat. I try to be kind when I'm at work but it still feels like a conscious effort. Sometimes my smile comes naturally but most of the time I need to remind myself to put it on. It's probably because I'm not a people person. I'm quite the opposite. But it's getting easier.
I don't know what I'm gonna do tonight. I should sleep. I should shave my legs and my bikini zone so then I might get some sun tomorrow morning but I'm feeling kind of lazy, the chances are I'm gonna donothing of the above but just wander around, no rhyme or reason. Oh, and I've got some laundry to do. That should be my priority, not thinking about how I would like to have a crush because I really don't need it, not here, anyway. Ok, I should really wrap this up. I'm only wasting paper.

0 spoke back: