Saturday 24 June 2006

Diary Of Krk II


It's basically still the same day, only it's 3.20 in the morning. I recently finished my shift. It wasn't exhausting, it's just that I had to stay for so long.
There's this Slovenian guy that wanted to get drunk or something. He's a friend of my boss' brother so he can dictate the terms. But oh, he's really nice, a bit too fat and a bit too blond to be good looking but strangely enough, I sort of found him sexy tonight. It was really really weird. He kept staring at me and, well, I kinda stared back. HOWEVER, he's married with two children (and only twenty eight). And there was this funny moment when he asked: And where does Kristina sleep? as if he was to, well, join me (I almost screamed "YES!"). But then Ivana (my boss' wife) and Robert (his brother) reminded him that he should be worrying about where Barbara sleeps (that's this guy's wife). Of course, it's not like he'd actually come to sleep with me but it was quite flattering to hear that there are men out there who'd consider it.
Sure, Branimir (mine and Jelena's room-mate) keeps repeating how pretty I am but I think it's only to make me feel better because I've been pretty sad these last few days. And besides, he's around forty. You know that men that old are bellow my horizon.
But there was this unbeliveably sexy diving instructor here last week. He's from our capital and he came with a group of divers. He's young and attractive (to me, at least) so I totally had a little crush, especially 'cause he would always give me a little smile or a wink or would say See ya! and stuff like that so I just couldn't keep my eyes off of him. Anyway, he was leaving the other day and he came to say goodbye (although he'll be back more than once during the summer) and he shook my hand and KISSED ME ON BOTH CHEEKS!!!!! (To be fair, he did the same with Jelena and Štefica - another girl that works with us but also with the divers.) Naturally, to be true to myself, I went straight to 7th heaven just to find out a bit later from Jelena that he's MARRIED and his wife is PREGNANT! Well, of course he is! The first guy I liked in years and then that. That's just my luck. And I need to stop having crushes on married men!

P.S. It's 12.45pm, I'm resting and watching Everwood. My shift starts at 3 and I'm expecting it to be very hard today because there are lots of people in the center for the weekend.
But guess who's back?! Yes, the sexy instructor. I need to keep reminding myself that he's MARRIED!!!!! Hey, listen to me! I'm acting as if it would make any difference if he was single. He's one of those guys that I always fall for in an instant but who never really notice me at all. Guys like the one last night notice me but that's not good, right?
Anyway, since I'm not really looking for anyone right now, it's even better this way. I just need to be firm and reject everyone. Assuming there would be anyone with certain ideas. And there probably won't be.

0 spoke back: