Tuesday 26 October 2010

On the Bus

It's 10.16pm, somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Well, okay, I'm guessing we're still in Slovenia, but this could easily be Austria as well, as far as I know.

Behind me there's an old dude huffing and puffing all the way, as if he's personally driving this bus Fred-Flintstone-style. But then again, he drank a 0,5l can of beer at the bus station back in Osijek, then had a few more on the bus, and then another bottle at some train station we stopped at for a while a few hours back. Holding all that beer can't be an easy task, so.

It's raining, and it's cold, and this is one hell of an uncomfortable bus. I'm a freakin' midget and even I barely have room for my legs. But it's okay, 7,5 hours down, 12 to go.

I felt the beginning of a headache coming, and I foolishly didn't bring any painkillers. So I tried to cure it with chocolate. Yeah... it didn't really work.

Tomorrow I'll be stuck in an apartment only with my Austrian, solely-German-speaking, 70-year-old uncle Max. I sense a fun afternoon.

A woman siting in front of me has hit my precious laptop with her seat a couple of times now, so I think I'm gonna put it away for now. Stupid fellow passengers. If only I had some rocks...

...

9am. The sun came out around 8. Can't feel my feet even though I'm wearing two pairs of socks and boots. Germany is too damn cold.

Also, the bus driver suggested we met in Frankfurt or back in Osijek. Um... NO. What the hell, man? I do not want to meet gross old men for sex anywhere. Seriously, I need to find me an age-appropriate guy.

The beer dude got off the bus here in Mannheim. I'm pretty sure he farted all the time. And since he looked nothing like Jared, I couldn't find it in my heart to forgive him.

Okay, ARE WE THERE YET?! (Yeah, no.)

0 spoke back: