Saturday 15 May 2010

I said "there is nothing that I can do for you that you can't do for yourself." He said "Oh yes you can. Just hold my hand. I think that would help."

It happens when, for the first time, you talk to someone from the other side of the world, and they sound just as dorky and adorable as you pictured them. (I'm looking at you, Lindy!)

It happens when your cousin, who you and your family could barely stand visiting once or twice a year, stops drinking and once again becomes almost a brother you remember from growing up.

It happens when his 6-year-old son, who barely knows you, curls up against you holding your hand as he watches cartoons.

It happens when that boy, asked if he loves his Aunt Dana, says Nooo, points his finger at you and adds, diese ist viel besser (this one is much better). And hey, "'From the mouths of little children..." and all that! :P

8 spoke back:

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

Awwwwww that's a lovely post - but hot damn look at that PICTURE of you! I don't think I've ever seen a better one :) It's wonderful that things are looking so up these days :)

Krissie said...

Except for the damn kid blocking half of my chin! >:(

Haha, just wait till tomorrow, they're bound to go downhill again.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

lol I've just about giving up posting anything but Daisy - I can't seem to find time to do my hair or makeup when I'm at home and look like a refugee in most pics :D

Krissie said...

I hear most new moms do. It's inevitable. Apparently, one can either bathe and comb the baby or oneself.

Sgt said...

I agree with him. He has good taste.

Das ist viel besseres

Krissie said...

Hee, thanks!

Van said...

Awww!!!!!!!!!
Children can melts us, really.
And what a picture!! LOVE IT!

Krissie said...

They can, Van, little buggers! :)