Wednesday 17 March 2010

There's a reason for this blog's title

There's this across-the-street neighbour lady who likes to poke her nose into, well, everything. She was over yesterday when I came home from the course, and as I was heating my lunch she said she had to tell me about this thing her granddaughter said the other day.

Do tell, I say all politely, although I couldn't be less interested in this topic of conversation.

And this is what she says: She asked me the other day who was born first, you or your sister. I told her it was you, and then she asked me how come that your sister had a boyfriend and you didn't.

I smile faking amusement but, refuse to comment. She continues: I told her she'd have to ask you herself, and then she asked was it that you didn't like to kiss.

With the fakest smile plastered to my face I say something like Oh those kids!, grab my tray, and scurry to my room.

Seriously. There's no way in hell a 5yo would come to these conclusions on her own, especially, and I'm being realistic and not just mean, not a 5yo that is a product of combined genes of this woman's son and his wife. Way to be subtle asking about my love life.

2 spoke back:

Van said...

The nerves!!! This was her way of asking you those questions and saying it was the little girl's assumptions, wtf man

Krissie said...

I know, right?!