Friday 12 August 2011

And So I Was a Cleaning Lady

No, seriously. For the last two weeks I've been substituting for a neighbour as a cleaning lady in the local bank, so she could go on a vacation. Now, I'm not saying it's embarrassing or anything - it's a job, and someone's gotta do it - but don't you think it's a little bit sad to be 29 and the only job you can find is cleaning someone's toilet for almost no money for an extremely short period of time? And now, back to being unemployed. Yay.

Well, I didn't plan to start on such a gloomy note, but there you have it. At least I didn't bring up my hemorrhoids (that is a story for a different post, best one I never ever write. You're welcome.)

In other news, my sister moved out. She and her fiance rented a flat in the city, so here I am, at 29, finally having a room to myself. I knew this day would come! And I'm still not paying rent. So... win?

3 spoke back:

Anonymous said...

Not having to pay rent is win in my book.

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

You can finally bust out with some TOYS! :D

Krissie said...

Ahhhahhaha, Lindy!

She might be moving back in now that her BF got fired, though...